Quantcast

Lapierre Dh 230, What do ppl think?

Oct 17, 2006
London
Thanks for posting

I found a quick set-up guide on the Yeti site. Possibly not optimal. For my weight which is about 185 lbs (fully loaded!) they recommend:

Main can = 205 psi
Boost = 154 psi
Bottom out 1.5 turns from min. setting
Pro pedal 2 clicks from min
Rebound 10 click from min

I haven't had a chance to test this properly except on the flat where there is some bob sprinting. Sag is easily 35%+ which seems too much. This sets the bike right down and I estimate bb height to be about 12 3/4 inches (floor to centre bb axle).

Interested in what others have come up with to optimise the ride. I'll try this out but am thinking I will need to up the main can psi.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Sorry to bring an old topic up.

My lapierre blows through the travel too, a problem not really solved much by putting the romic on.

Just wondering if you got anywhere with it in the end and solved the problem? If not i may get a dhx5.0 and get it tuned.

Thanks, Rick

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
congrats on the new bike, it looks sweet. you might want to put a lil grease in air chamber to help it ramp up a bit. otherwise a lil more compression danmping would help too. how does the dhx air handle long dh runs?

The French magazine BIG BIKE gave it a very good review early this year in an issue where they tested a dozen or more of the top DH bikes on the market. They rated it in the top four of the test along with the Orange and the Yeti 303. They actually preferred it to a V10.

Some of the rider comments were light weight feel, nimble yet very stable at speed.
is there a link to this review? what were the 10 bikes that they reviewed? they seemed to have done quite a good job by using same tires/forks ect on the bike.

Oct 17, 2006
London
I'm not completely happy with my DHX Air set up yet. I've

1 set the main chamber with about 33% sag (Nicko has his at 38%!)

2 pumped the boost chamber up to 190 psi (max is 200 psi)

3 got the bottom out dial amd pro pedal both about 50% open

4 set the rebound so it's not bouncing me around (trial & error)

I'm happy with the ride which seems very supple. It soaks up small and medium hits and rails corners. It's also incredibly quiet. It's still bottoming out on medium sized drops (ie fast buss stop jumps of 4 to 6ft to flat). Next time out on these drops I'm going to start turning up the bottom out dial to see if that makes any difference. I'm also going to try the grase in the boost chamber trick (any particular sort of grease and how much of it?). I've read that you have to do a lot of trial and error to get these shocks sorted.

I got a DHX coil with the bike and havn't fallen back on this yet. I want to give the air shock a fair crack and I think I'm pretty much there. The bottom out isn't harsh although I did manage to drag my heal on the ground which I suppose could have been nasty.

Unfortunately I've got to do a bit of travelling to get to really long tracks (like the Alps) so I haven't noticed any fall off in the rebound damping which I've heard is a problem on long runs (have you seen the thread on here about DHX coil vs. air?).

Overall, the bike is up there with the best. I'm still open minded about the air shock and as yet I have not got near the limits of the bike (planning to take it to Wales soon and France next summer).