Quantcast

Lapierre team rider Danny Hart, the next Gee?

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Lapierre team rider Danny Hart and David Vazquez have been training hard in New Zealand and were there for the 2nd round of the NZ MTB Cup at Coronet Peak.
With a load of top riders there for the race including Justin Leov, Ben Cathro, Mike Skinner and Joe Barnes the competition was as tough as ever. 5cm of fresh snow on practice day made for demanding riding conditions but Danny still managed to put in the second fastest time of the day, just behind Matt Scoles, with David taking 5th.

Danny Hart

For the final round the weather cleared and with the improved conditions Danny pulled off a perfect ride and took his first Elite win (don’t forget he’s still a junior!).

No pressure Danny but I'm off to the Turf Accountants now to place a Monkey on you for the UCI Junior World Championship Title. That would mean a "Threepeat" for Great Britain, with Rhubarb in 2007, Miami in 2008 and Hart in 2009!

1 Danny Hart 598 Lapierre Saab Salomon 3:01.57 +0:00.00
2 Fabien Pedemanaud 597 France 3:02.09 +0:00.52
3 Ben Cathro 23 Scotland 3:02.13 +0:00.56
4 Justin Leov 46 Christchurch 3:02.44 +0:00.87
5 Matt Scoles 7 Alexandra 3:02.48 +0:00.91
6 Cameron Cole 959 Christchurch 3:02.69 +0:01.13
7 David Vazquez 975 Lapierre Saab Salomon 3:03.04 +0:01.48

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
what is in the UK water, will Dany Hart and Fairclough be ruling the podiums in a year or so. Dany Hart is still a junior for christ's sake, the way he is progressing we could see him sky rocket in a single season, especially with a Teammate like Vasquez (world cup winner and podium frequenter) and a mentor like Vouilloz

what do you think?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
what is in the UK water, will Dany Hart and Fairclough be ruling the podiums in a year or so.
Lets not forget Bryceland.

Looks like Danny is getting into the swing of things. I was a bit surprised he didnt do better last season, seems like his second year around he could be a real threat!

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
he has just beaten a world cup winner, two top ten finishers last year and a former junior world champ. Gee wasnt doing anything like that at 17, his results are reminiscent of nico. People from the UK are sort of used to him by now, he has completely dominated his racing class every year since he started. IIRC one year he won every NPS race he entered.

as for what is in the uk water? my theory is that as in general if you want uplifts in the uk (especially in england) , you have to race.. so the culture becomes more competitive and geared to gaining race results as opposed to sessioning places like whistler all day and having fun with mates.

Last edited:

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
He should probably take saab off his sponsor list since ford is doing away with the company lol. Or is that just in the US that it's closing...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
No pressure Danny but I'm off to the Turf Accountants now to place a Monkey on you for the UCI Junior World Championship Title. That would mean a "Threepeat" for Great Britain, with Rhubarb in 2007, Miami in 2008 and Hart in 2009!
Fourpeat. Brendan won it in '06

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Fourpeat. Brendan won it in '06
I thought he crashed and Cam Cole won?

Speaking of Brendan, did anyone else catch that shot of him in the recent World Champs vid on MTBCut? Passing on the inside all moto after the finish jump to left hander. So Dope!!

Oh, and as far as Hart goes, I can never get that clip out of my head from an NPS race a couple years ago on the yellow BB7 of him boosting the hell out of a shale fire road booter and steezing the hell out of it.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
IIRC it was a racereport from Innerleithen on mtbcut.co.uk, but i can't find it there, as they have neither a search function nor any kind of archive on their site.

yeah, sick move! that kid has a very bright future....

edit:
the monkey never forgets (and thank god it's an easy going day @ The Office)! here's the thread, but no direct link to the vid, merda....

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-190482.html

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I was in Queenstown last week taking some pictures, Danny was killing it for sure!
Heres some of the photos I took that day, havent gotten them all online and havent editted any of them since Im still in NZ, but heres some of the good ones :cheers:

Me and a friend of mine whos also from Holland are in Blenheim right now and Ill be taking some more pics of the race this weekend, any monkeys gonna be there?
Ill be wearing a green Burton cap and Ill try and look like a real photographer.
Come up for a chat and/or a beer!

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I thought he crashed and Cam Cole won?

Speaking of Brendan, did anyone else catch that shot of him in the recent World Champs vid on MTBCut? Passing on the inside all moto after the finish jump to left hander. So Dope!!

Oh, and as far as Hart goes, I can never get that clip out of my head from an NPS race a couple years ago on the yellow BB7 of him boosting the hell out of a shale fire road booter and steezing the hell out of it.
correct. . . i was thinking WC overall for jr's, which brendan won in '06 and bryceland won in '07 and '08

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Crap, its been pissing rain all day here in Blenheim.
Just saw the track and it looks really slippery and slidey. A bit like a German track but without the big jumps but its really tech and should be fast.
Hope it clears up for tomorrow or people are gonna die on it...

Last edited:

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Crap, its been pissing rain all day here in Blenheim.
Just saw the track and it looks really slippery and slidey. A bit like a German track but without the big jumps but its really tech and should be fast.
Hope it clears up for tomorrow or people are gonna die on it...
Has it still got a wicked fast fire break in the middle of the track?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Its got 2 flat sections kind of in the middle, the first is after a very steep fire road descent but there wasnt anyone riding when I was there this afternoon so I couldnt tell how fast it is.
Really hope it clears up tomorrow, the tech in this track should seperate the tech riders from the flat out pinners so the competition should be good!

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Its got 2 flat sections kind of in the middle, the first is after a very steep fire road descent but there wasnt anyone riding when I was there this afternoon so I couldnt tell how fast it is.
Really hope it clears up tomorrow, the tech in this track should seperate the tech riders from the flat out pinners so the competition should be good!
Sweet yeah that fire break is FAST, and when I rode it there was a right hander at the bottom then straight into a tight left, you needed good brakes for that!! Justin Leov and Sam Blenkinsop ride the fire road in between the tape (quite a few bits from their section are on this track)

Joe- The Lappiere team is sponsored by Salomon and Giro so no TLD for Danny. Fox is one of his personal sponsors for goggles and pads.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Sweet yeah that fire break is FAST, and when I rode it there was a right hander at the bottom then straight into a tight left, you needed good brakes for that!! Justin Leov and Sam Blenkinsop ride the fire road in between the tape (quite a few bits from their section are on this track)

Joe- The Lappiere team is sponsored by Salomon and Giro so no TLD for Danny. Fox is one of his personal sponsors for goggles and pads.
Turns out we didnt even see the whole track last time I posted.
They had some huuuuge jumps at the top section, one hip and one really really big double.
Dont know who won in the end cause we couldnt stay after the race but my moneys on either Dany of Leov.
Sabrina Jonnier looked fast again after an injury last week in Queenstown but there were some more girls who were on it today.
Props to kiwi chicks for pinning it!

Ill try and get some more pics online when I get home next week...

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
from what i can see the NZ series is a really good bunch of courses/races.

is there separate title for the north/south island?

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
from what i can see the NZ series is a really good bunch of courses/races.

is there separate title for the north/south island?
Yup seperate titles (3 races each) plus a combined NZ cup title.

Also a one-off NZ champs in Nelson, there's more and more overseas riders coming every year!

Leov won and Danny was second ahead of Sam Blenkinsop and Nathan Rankin BTW