Quantcast

largest drop

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by Matt D
I think it's about a 1 ft below who-the-F-cares.
Ummm, I think freride pyro cares. I know in Jib one of the flow riders accidently did a 16 foot to flat drop when the tranny broke during a flow show. His feet slipped off the pedals though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
It was one of those skydivers jumping from a plane with a bike - maybe around 15000ft:p

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
you know, If i were new to this forum and you people responded to me that way i'd say F this and go somewhere else. It never hurts to get more people on the VA board!!!! go be mean in the lounge or something :p

That's not very nice!

For the record Pyro, this board is so full of sarcasm just always remember not to take things personnaly. ;)

Pyro, the biggest HT i've seen in video was about a 30 feet. then people posted it on ridemonkey and a 40 page debate about how to calculate drop height started, so i've always left it at 30 feet in my mind. :D

Drops on hardtails hurt my ankles and wrists and neck. So i sold mine. :p Now i want it back

Christian -

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
it's not mean... RM used to be a haven from places like NSMB and PinkBike ...

go try to post something like that over on hcor and you'd think this thread was as sweet as sugar :D

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu

go try to post something like that over on hcor and you'd think this thread was as sweet as sugar :D
ahaaa, I would have you BANNED!

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
back to the question at hand....

did you have to land it clean? or just the fact that you tried count? becuase this one time at bike camp ....

anyway, to keep the thread going what's the Highest, Skinniest Skinny anyone has ever ridden?

--z-- :monkey:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
This women has you all beat, 33,330 feet:

Highest fall survived without parachute

Who: Vesna Vulovic
When: January 26th, 1972
Where: Somewhere over the Czech Republic
What: 33,330 ft.

Vesna Vulovic, a flight attendant from Yugoslavia, survived a fall from 10,160 m. (33,330 ft.) when the DC-9 in which she was traveling blew up over Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic), on January 26, 1972. No other passengers survived. It is believed the plane crashed after the detonation of a bomb planted by Croatian terrorists in the forward cargo hold. Vesna Vulovic fell 10,160 m. (33,330 ft.) - breaking both legs and becoming paralyzed from the waist down.

"I was so lucky to have survived! I hit the earth – not the trees, not the snow, but the frozen ground." Strangely, the first words she uttered, "Can I have a cigarette," were in English!
http://www.avsec.com/asi/editorial/vesna.htm

Other chuteless jumps: http://www.parachutehistory.com/other/bonusday.html