Quantcast

Last Roll Call for Sea Tac Shuffle

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Ok-give it up who's going. The spring race at Sea Tac has usually been the biggest race in the State. The usual suspects will be there(racers) however this race attracts a lot of people who only do one race a year-this one. According to Wick the course will be about 5.5 miles and it will be taped off for pre ride all day Saturday. Seatac is a great course for someone who has decent mountain bike skills but maybe not the best conditioning-there are no big climbs. :thumb:

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Borregokid said:
Ok-give it up who's going. The spring race at Sea Tac has usually been the biggest race in the State. The usual suspects will be there(racers) however this race attracts a lot of people who only do one race a year-this one. According to Wick the course will be about 5.5 miles and it will be taped off for pre ride all day Saturday. Seatac is a great course for someone who has decent mountain bike skills but maybe not the best conditioning-there are no big climbs. :thumb:

I will be there.

How good is this course for tactics? ie, can you draft very much?

I've got some decent roadie fitness at the moment but I haven't done a mountain bike race since last july. I think I've only ridden my mountain bike 3-4 times in the last 6 months.

Anyways, it's going to be fun whatever happens.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
mattv2099 said:
I will be there.

How good is this course for tactics? ie, can you draft very much?

I've got some decent roadie fitness at the moment but I haven't done a mountain bike race since last july. I think I've only ridden my mountain bike 3-4 times in the last 6 months.

Anyways, it's going to be fun whatever happens.
This is almost all single track. The race will start with about a quarter mile sprint down asphalt and then you head into single track. The course stays in single track which dips up and down constantly. There will probably be 3 or 4 technical spots. If you race expert you will see some guys who do both road and mountain. There are three or four riders from Benaroya Research Institute that are fast. You guys from B'ham should be more than ready even if you have been doing mostly road.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Gex said:
Will i be able to go to the jump park sunday or do i have to hike up 27?
Just a guess here is that the main road will have tape going across it somewhere past the parking lot. Before that bikers will be crossing the road but someone will be directing traffic. The main parking lot will be pretty full. I know at the last Wednsday race there was a little cross traffic from "flow" riders and racers that caused some minor problems.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Borregokid said:
This is almost all single track. The race will start with about a quarter mile sprint down asphalt and then you head into single track. The course stays in single track which dips up and down constantly. There will probably be 3 or 4 technical spots. If you race expert you will see some guys who do both road and mountain. There are three or four riders from Benaroya Research Institute that are fast. You guys from B'ham should be more than ready even if you have been doing mostly road.
I'm sport at the moment. But I hope to take the plunge into expert by the end of the season. I've talked to a few fast mofo's from bellingham who are coming down. A handfull of wwu bikers will be there too (including me).

!!!fun!!! I can't wait. hehe.

are you going to do the other indie races after this one??? I've done the padden pedal and the whidby mudder before and they both rock hard core! be there or be square!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
mattv2099 said:
I'm sport at the moment. But I hope to take the plunge into expert by the end of the season. I've talked to a few fast mofo's from bellingham who are coming down. A handfull of wwu bikers will be there too (including me).

!!!fun!!! I can't wait. hehe.

are you going to do the other indie races after this one??? I've done the padden pedal and the whidby mudder before and they both rock hard core! be there or be square!
I am not looking too far ahead, but Freund Canyon and the Beezley Burn are high on my list. I missed the first race but I am thinking of running the rest. You are right about hard core racers, there are about 60 maybe more that are very familiar with the Seatac course. I am fairly fast but most of these guys leaving me in the dust. You and Wanker have youth on your side and should hang right in there. :thumb: