Quantcast

"Last Run Down 2008"

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Yeah dude... high speed front flip OTB to head smack on sharp boulders on Slayer. Hopefully there will be helmet cam footage of it from George... haha :bonk:

You alright?

1 out 4 times I ride that trail something 'interesting' happens, lol

I think I've crashed more times on Slayer than Deceit, Ripper & BMW combined...

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
haha yeah I am fine, Thanks.

I took a gnarly line that I haven't ridden in about 4 years and I'm just a sketchy rider... so those two ingredients were a recipe for disaster!
Don't forget the helmet cam follow and pursuit of passing lines on me.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Yeah dude... high speed front flip OTB to head smack on sharp boulders on Slayer.
Jeesh man, people were flippin' OTB's left and right yesterday, especially the dude in the grass next to the deck drop.
... and the guy that front flipped off the first bridge on Chute De Satchum, that was fairly brutal looking.

Saw alot of riders taking soil samples on Saturday, must be something about the end of the season, I've been crashing alot more than usual myself.

Junior

Chimp
Nov 3, 2008
Wantage
Yeah dude... high speed front flip OTB to head smack on sharp boulders on Slayer.

Jeesh man, people were flippin' OTB's left and right yesterday, especially the dude in the grass next to the deck drop.
I was on the lift when that individual took a digger - he got like two feet into the grass after phantom and just magically went over the bars. I couldn't help but giggle for a few seconds. He seemed to get up a few seconds after and brush it off....

So Marc, did your Slayer incident turn out to be a concussion or just a swift kick to the skull?

I was on the lift when that individual took a digger - he got like two feet into the grass after phantom and just magically went over the bars. I couldn't help but giggle for a few seconds. He seemed to get up a few seconds after and brush it off....

So Marc, did your Slayer incident turn out to be a concussion or just a swift kick to the skull?
mild concussion. I was disoriented and seeing stars. Felt like I was gonna puke for like a half hour... ate some pizza and started to feel better.. Wasn't enough for me to feel comfortable with going on last run though :(

Oh well... there's always next year!

Don't forget the helmet cam follow and pursuit of passing lines on me.
Dude I can't wait to see that footage... Just wish we had the camera rolling for the race course/indyX run! haha

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Marc loves doing head spins last day of the DH season, kinda prepares him for snowboard season.... It's Natural!

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
yeah it was so much fun yesterday, the last run was complete chaos

I took a few falls yesterday myself, one on i think my fourth run, one on the last train run where i had no speed for the second wall and slid off, and one after that on IndyX where i took a corner too fast. They werent bad though, and all i got was a few minior scratches.
I dont fall too much either....

great way to end the season......

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I was going too slow before the steep roller before the field after the exodus bridges and i went OTB and launched myself down it. I slid on my back, head and arms down it.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I was going too slow before the steep roller before the field after the exodus bridges and i went OTB and launched myself down it. I slid on my back, head and arms down it.
I did the same thing about 2 months ago. 2nd run, I had to ride the rest of the day with a ripped jersey and road rash. I got up and was seeing stars for a few minutes. All in all, I still had a good day. That was the final straw that helped me decide to sell my armageddon, that thing tried and failed to kill me one too many times.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Hey George, this is off topic but, what is the difference between you're old frame and you're new black one? Different geometry?