Quantcast

Last week...

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
My wife and I went on a little riding road trip before I have to start digging on the Champery track for the month of October. Here are some photos.

First we went riding in Crans Montana, Switzerland which is about a 45 minute drive from my house.

Then we went to Bettmeralp, Fiesheralp and Bellwald

my wife

A little DH on a little bike to change things up a bit

then had some of these

When we came back to Champery there was a new one of these up the street from my house. Perfect for mid DH run mini ramp sessions but the 5.10 shoes suck to skate in.

Yesterday, I went to the Scott HQ and rebuilt some of the jumps.

It was a fun week and now I just have to rest up and get back to digging.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
awesome pics as usual ben!
Agreed...... you consistantly make me jealous, i love the alps :thumb:

Oh, and let us know how the course starts shaping up in champery, thats going to be an interesting race....

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Sick as usual! I've been up that mountain in pics 3 and 4 (bout 1km to the right of where the photo is taken I think is the Eggishorn?), took me almost an entire day to walk back down to Fiesch.

How's the Champery track looking?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Amazing. Keep it up and I'm gonna get paranoid you're hired by the swiss government ;) Or at least on a mission to make us all hate where we live.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Thanks guys. That was a fun little trip with long runs. All the pics were taken with my Iphone so I am surprised they turned out so well. That zone has huge potential for some very long runs. I just scratched the surface and have to go back.

We start working on the Champery track tomorrow and I will take some photos.

Here are some more Iphone pics from the fall.

The mini ramp has a nice view.

View from the shuttle vehicle taking us up 1800 vertical meters.

My brother, Will getting the shot (might be something in DIRT)

My wife Corinne hitting the drop in front of our old house

I think one of the farmers let her out on purpose to destroy some fresh trail I built.

Wedding in Champery with all the friends. I was laughing so hard when they were dancing on the car to the Gypsie music.

The bus has a beer on tap and a pretty loud stereo (those are not the real speakers)

Corinne trying to look like a...

The tram going up to Fiescheralp. There was 1000 vertical meters of DH singletrack with no road sections here. I have to go back.

I made Corinne and Corina get their pic taken with the Eurobike talent.

My brother and the digger driver looking down on Champery.

and one last fuzzy Iphone pic of me almost getting high sided in a grassy off camber high speed turn.

it's a crappy pic but I like the roost coming off the back tire.

Last edited:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
awesome shots and words as always Ben - I brace for jealousy every time I open one of your threads.

can't wait to take part in some of that awesome riding in May!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Wow. i miss the alps. Does scott need any english, german & japanese speaking metallurgists who like to ride a lot? I think I might know one...