Quantcast

Lately I am getting the impression HBO is anti-war...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Been up all night working, sort of flicking around in the channels to keep the background noise going.

Tonight on the various HBO channels I've seen:
- Last Letters Home
- Section Sixty
- Baghdad ER

These series are not pro-war, there's no other way to say that.

Part of me thinks watching these with the wife over there is a bad idea, but like Hunter S would have said "You buy the ticket, you take the ride."

None the less, when did HBO start taking such a partisan roll in this whole shindig in the desert?

ironspoke

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Irwin
I think its fairly safe to say...virtually from the beginning. You would think that they would produce just one positive option. Just one.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Dont forget their original series Generation Kill. I would also guess since Americans are addicted to reality and the basic tv channels wont show nearly as much as HBO, HBO capitalized on the issues, just like they have in the past with other issues.

Dont forget Veterans Day is today.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm glad they're doing it, I wish the main stream media would follow along.

Its funny talking to people about this war. So many of them have no stake in it, they don't know anyone who is actually on the ground over there. It seems like lately more and more people I know are there, and soon enough I will be going back as well.

My favorites are the neo-cons who still try to whoop this war up as something more then it really is. The human factor isn't in this war, not enough dead to illicit the attention of the brain deft masses.

The stake we all have in the Iraq war is that the resources we have wasted on it, including too many lives and futures, would have made a big difference in at least moderating the current economic situation.

In essence, the 9/11 jihadis won by causing us to piss resources down a street drain.

War's not a useful response to the crime of terrorism.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I worked out why all of these are on today.

My body might be on Vet's day, but my brain still thinks it the tenth.

Thanks to all of whom have served.