Quantcast

latest airline observations ....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Some good ideas there. I didnt bring any booz with me on my last flight because it was a business trip with 15 co-workers. Didnt want to show them how much I enjoy drinking. =]

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
MikeD said:
First time I ate it, I thought, "Wow, this tastes a lot better than you'd think." After a few weeks of it, morning, noon, and night, I kinda had my fill for a lifetime. That much salt that often gets to me, I guess.

So eat up...I'll gladly grab some Thai down the street...

agreed... in 02 i spent a month or so teaching at a university in pusan... full board / food + 5K but lemme tell you, after a month solid of korean food from a dining hall i was hanging for something else.... ANYTHING else...

the missus had thai the other night over here... said it was miserable.. good thai is definately up there in my book...

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single idiot that can't make it through the metal detector" - AustinBike, 2005

FYI - carrying your own liquor on is illegal, so be discrete about it.

Bulkhead seats don't allow you to have baggage out, so you have to stow everything in the overhead bin. Exit row aisle seats rule the world.

An Ipod is great, but noise cancelling headphones complete the circuit.

For international flights, when they bring you dinner, throw back 2 benadryl tablets and ou'll pass out in your dessert. Vodka helps as well.

Always call in for international flights. Huge blocks of seats are held back and released, so even if it loos like all you have is a middle to choose from, you can get window/aisle if you call.

An ipod car adapter can save your life, most big planes have DC jacks under the seats. Continental uses the funky ones, but American uses the standard 12V auto connector.

Google <destination city> "mountain bike" "rental" - you can almost always find a ride if you need it.

For Korea buffer our schedule with another 2 hours - it's 90 minutes to get from Incheon Airport to Seoul (I'll be back there in 2 weeks).

Check on your visa early. They are really expensive if it is a rush.

I fly a lot - luckily I get to fly business class now if I go overseas.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
im young, 15, and i ****ing go crazy when little kids kick my chair.. I'M LIKE STOP ****ING KICKING ME, I WAS ON PLANES BEFORE YOU WERE EVEN AN IDEA..then the mom yells at me and i'm like "yes sir"..ahah

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
partsbara said:
this time round i only have a full rigid SS... spent a year here in 02... had a good time riding namhansanseong and achasan on the big bike... those rocky steeps are awesome...

i m afraid the only riding i ll be doing this time is cruising around osan base and off post exploring... thanks for the offer tho'... how are those hopes working out for ya ??

Working great! Gave them a rebuild, and threw some braided lines/sintered pads on them.

If you feel the need for some big bike action, you can use one of mine. Let me know if you want to come out n play...

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
habitatxskate said:
im young, 15, and i ****ing go crazy when little kids kick my chair.. I'M LIKE STOP ****ING KICKING ME, I WAS ON PLANES BEFORE YOU WERE EVEN AN IDEA..then the mom yells at me and i'm like "yes sir"..ahah
Had a kid do that to me once and I finally turned around and said "if you don't stop that I am going to kill your mommy."

I turned back around and the mom freaked out. So I turned around again and said to her "I wasn't kidding"

Not another kick for the whole flight.

MikeD said:
First time I ate it, I thought, "Wow, this tastes a lot better than you'd think." After a few weeks of it, morning, noon, and night, I kinda had my fill for a lifetime. That much salt that often gets to me, I guess.

So eat up...I'll gladly grab some Thai down the street...
Yeah, I read maybe in the Science (NY) Times that Korean food has the highest content of any nation and that the people suffer related health problems.

I eat Korean food maybe four times a year and otherwise don't salt my food, so I haven't gotten oversaturated.

J

No criticism implied, but I also remain bemused that so many people seem not to be able to live or enjoy normal life without getting hammered as part of the process..

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
zahgurim said:
Working great! Gave them a rebuild, and threw some braided lines/sintered pads on them.

If you feel the need for some big bike action, you can use one of mine. Let me know if you want to come out n play...

glad to hear it... you re an english teacher yeah ??

i might just take ya up on the offer... we ll see.. thanks