Quantcast

Lauf Forks

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
the springs are not perfectly elastic, like steel. some energy is lost to the material. the travel is also really short. it feels more like having a big squishy tire than a standard fork. like a rigid fork with some give.

B Gordon

Chimp
Feb 2, 2014
60mm travel for 1000 bucks? Seems legit. Not to mention that is one of the ugliest things to have ever been bolted onto a bike. I can see them being in buisness for all of 6 months with their new fangled 1860's leaf spring technology and all.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Those forks are probably not going to sell. But it's obvious a lot of work went into designing, fabricating prototypes and then production. Put that much effort into a more appealing product and these guys can go somewhere.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2009
Those forks are probably not going to sell. But it's obvious a lot of work went into designing, fabricating prototypes and then production. Put that much effort into a more appealing product and these guys can go somewhere.
Yeah... Especially if they can get some bike brands on selling their forks on their bikes like an article I read about them suggested. It'll be interesting to see how they play out and how the reviews are once they debut.

B Gordon

Chimp
Feb 2, 2014
I would think most manufacturers would be hesitant to put something like that on a complete bike. It would significantly raise the base price and make the over all package potentially less appealing.... just my thoughts anyway.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I always wonder where people get money to design and manufacture this stuff. Interesting, but almost guaranteed to never sell in any appreciable quantity.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I always wonder where people get money to design and manufacture this stuff. Interesting, but almost guaranteed to never sell in any appreciable quantity.
Same here if you have the skills why not build something with bigger market potential. I still can not understand why they don't address the lack of damping control on their site.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Whats a 29'er?
Right? No damping adjustment, no 650b option, way way WAYYY over priced, ugly, untested, potentially fatal, etc.

But you can win a trip to Iceland. To pitch yourself into a volcano.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
English bike mags are going to have a field day with that name.

I can see those forks being ok for gravel road touring and the like but not much more than that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They are still making forks.... probably made a small bench stock and still not a standard, but still around.
The weight-weenie suspension-loving damping-hating fat-bike crowd is one niche they are serving.