Quantcast

Lawsuit has been dropped.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Who was the suit against? I didn't know the mountain lion or it's family had anything worth taking.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BuddhaRoadkill said:
:thumb:

Perhaps OC should sue them for wasting everyones time.
Now that is a lawsuit I can agree with. States and counties can start toi counter sue to get the tax dollars back........i like this.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Snacks said:
Link please :)
Well, his mom posted on socalmtb.com that they dropped the lawsuit. I don't have a link to any official online newspapers or anything...but, here ya go at the bottom of the page.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
merrrrjig said:
ya what were they sueing? at first i had a dream of this being about big bear :mumble:

Orange County was being sued for not letting people know about the lions...something along those lines.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
actually, the lawsuit sounded like it could hold some water... enough to get a lawyer behind it.

but thats like sueing the park because you ran into a tree... they didnt say it would be there, so you didnt know, making it their fault.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
McT said:
actually, the lawsuit sounded like it could hold some water... enough to get a lawyer behind it.

but thats like sueing the park because you ran into a tree... they didnt say it would be there, so you didnt know, making it their fault.
I don't see how it could. They have signs at all the entrances to Whitting Ranch about mountian lions. Updates on when the last sighting was and so on. Those signs were there years and years before Marks deal.
That could have been me very easy. That was the trail I went to for a quick ride when I was by myself.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
shocktower said:
Dam I thinlk the Mt Lions should sue for having one of their brothers killed WTF people get a life ,it was an act of God
So... they should sue god?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
McT said:
hahahaha, that doesn't take much these days. I heard on the radio this morning a mother is suing General Mills for their ‘lower sugar’ cereals still having too much sugar in them :rolleyes:

I’m not discounting the sadness Mark’s family is experiencing, but when did taking responsibilities for our own actions become so foreign?

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Snacks said:
but when did taking responsibilities for our own actions become so foreign?
selfish, bigger, better, faster, more. Most americans think they deserve everything. Are country is just getting rediculous :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Snacks said:
hahahaha, that doesn't take much these days. I heard on the radio this morning a mother is suing General Mills for their ‘lower sugar’ cereals still having too much sugar in them :rolleyes:
Yeah - she claims she thought there was "good stuff" in the cereal because they were advertising it as low-sugar. I mean WTF? She deserves a :nuts: for being a ditz.

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - she claims she thought there was "good stuff" in the cereal because they were advertising it as low-sugar. I mean WTF? She deserves a :nuts: for being a ditz.

-S.S.-
You know what really burns me...is during the food drive they give you a list of stuff that they need most and they list low-sugar cereal...wtf? Poor children don't deserve Lucky Charms and Froot Loops? F that...I always get the 'good stuff' for the food drive...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
My favorite "non-food" cereal is Waffle Crisp. :drool:

-S.S.-

Never heard of it...but remember all the monster cereals? Boo Berry, Franken Berry, Count Chocula and Frooooot Wolf? Well...I remember Franken Berry being the best tasting cereal EVER...and I found some at Target around Halloween...and it was AWFUL...didn't taste anything like I remember...it was gross, they changed up the formula. Also, another good cereal from way back when...Quisp...that was some gooood sh1t.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Never heard of it...but remember all the monster cereals? Boo Berry, Franken Berry, Count Chocula and Frooooot Wolf? Well...I remember Franken Berry being the best tasting cereal EVER...and I found some at Target around Halloween...and it was AWFUL...didn't taste anything like I remember...it was gross, they changed up the formula. Also, another good cereal from way back when...Quisp...that was some gooood sh1t.
I remember 'em. But never got 'em. Our "special" cereal growing up was Kix. Most of the time we got Cheerios, Rice Krispies, etc. etc. - never the "good stuff" - it was too expensive.

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
I remember 'em. But never got 'em. Our "special" cereal growing up was Kix. Most of the time we got Cheerios, Rice Krispies, etc. etc. - never the "good stuff" - it was too expensive.

-S.S.-

Oh I know...we didn't get it very often...but our parents had it friggin easy back then man...have you tried to buy a box of cereal these days??? It's like 5 bucks a box...course I'd never bat an eyelash at spending 9 bucks on a shot of tequila or 5 bucks on a bottle of beer, but still...cereal is no where near as important as fine tequila or a bottle of beer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Oh I know...we didn't get it very often...but our parents had it friggin easy back then man...have you tried to buy a box of cereal these days??? It's like 5 bucks a box...course I'd never bat an eyelash at spending 9 bucks on a shot of tequila or 5 bucks on a bottle of beer, but still...cereal is no where near as important as fine tequila or a bottle of beer.
We buy oatmeal because it's $.53/lb. Some habits die hard........ :p

-S.S.-

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
OK- so here's what I got from one of the socal MTB listservs (SHARE) not 5 minutes ago. hope its not conlicting info- going thru 3 pages of replies just isnt in the cards right now:

For those of you who have been tracking the Mark Reynolds law suit and may have
missed the article in today's paper we wanted to pass along that the case has
been dropped. Grant Curtis pulled this message from Mark's parents off their

DUE TO OVERWHELMING SUPPORT, FOR OUR SON MARK REYNOLDS, AN AVID BIKER IN THE
LAST WEEK.

OUR INTENTION WAS NOT TO UPSET HIS FRIENDS, FELLOW BIKERS, BIKING CLUBS AND
NATIONAL BIKING ASSOCIATIONS, BIKING RELATED COMPANIES, NOR THE TRAILS IN WHICH
THE ENJOYMENT OF BIKING PREVAILS.

THE REYNOLDS FAMILY FELT SAFETY ISSUES WERE A PRIME CONCERN.

LEGAL COUNCIL WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO DISMISS THE FILING IN ORANGE COUNTY,
CALIFORNIA.

SINCERELY,

GARY & DONA REYNOLDS

What happened to Mark was very unfortunate. As a reminder, SHARE advocates
responsible mountain biking which includes riding with a partner, carrying a
cell phone, and using trials that are authorized.