Maxxis Assegai 27.5 x 2.5" WT 3C MaxxTerra TR EXO Tire1CA$75.00
Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5 x 2.4" WT 3C MaxxTerra TR EXO+ Tire1CA$79.00

All set for summer.
Whered you buy them from?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Absolute bonkers weather today. Alternated between calm and sunny with heavy sideways rain. Then this happened, all within less than a minute. I bet the interstates got real interesting.

PXL_20210307_233445955.jpg

Sunny again 5 minutes later.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That’s some relief for back east!
are there trails over yonder?
trails all over both sides. it's not actually super deep-between 2000 and 3000 top to bottom depending on where you are. we did one of the two steepest trails today to visit a spot where there used to be an old homestead at the river but there's now just a ton of wild daffodils.

the area where i usually ride is beyond on the other side of the ridge in the first pic.
dat profile:
1615169226099.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got 100' of baseboards because some work needs to be done before the cabinet painters get here tomorrow. Got a bit installed, did some caulk and paint touch-up around the cabinets where I removed the gaudy crown moulding.
Also washed the Forester and discovered an unexpected amount of rust developing around multiple windows. Checklist of issues on the Subaru just keeps getting longer.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got off work late. Standing in the kayak with the outrigger is going to take some getting used to. Probably didn't help that there was light chop and some wind for my first try. Next time no gear, just a wetsuit and PFD until I get the hang of it. Casting a fly while seated was awesome. the boat doesn't rock which made for much more accurate casts. Too bad I only had 45 minutes of light to work with
Untitled (2).jpg
flcasting ama kit (2).jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What did you get?
Well, they didn’t have any red ones in my size so I got some blue ones.

Lange XT3 Tour Pro is some such bougie nonsense...

7DEDEFAF-0BD8-45AE-89D5-EACA737E129D.jpeg

Also, THANKS! :mad:
I’m hoping for a good spring, but yeah. Kinda like taking the snow tires off in March, except opposite. Whatever, it was an “on sale this weekend only” situation and my Scarpas kinda gave up the ghost and blew out in Jackson. They had a pretty solid 7+ year run though...

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So I’ve heard, and I’m stoked to ski some manky slushy spring powder over death ice. Stoked I tell you!
It’s going to get cold from Wednesday on so it could be decent powder!

over ice, yes

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of my riding buddies has the Ass Guy in MaxxGrip. It seems nice but the rolling resistance is quite high.

I run an assy up front in maxxgrip and DH casing. Oof, the rolling resistance is horrible but the traction is so good. I'm sure the DH casing has a lot to do with it though. Since the trails are wet here 9 months out of the year I will happily suffer more on the climbs for the traction. Come to think of it I fear summer dust more than the wet.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
512 lbs of buss bar removed from the mcc. Most of it has some sort of silver coating. I am guessing that will drop it down to #2.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I run an assy up front in maxxgrip and DH casing. Oof, the rolling resistance is horrible but the traction is so good. I'm sure the DH casing has a lot to do with it though. Since the trails are wet here 9 months out of the year I will happily suffer more on the climbs for the traction. Come to think of it I fear summer dust more than the wet.
This will be my first assguy, in Maxxterra, so will see if more grippy than DHF.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Keen to hear about your experience with these vs. Maxxis. Big fan of huge tyre logos. :rolleyes:
its gonna be at least a month or 2 until the bike park opens, but these came highly recommended by someone who's been riding this and the 22, and has lots of experience with Maxxis. he said the 34 is similar to a DHR2. one of the deciding factors for me is that its a 26" DH tire thats TR.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This. I gotta say... if there was a season to miss, this was the one... although if I'm honest, I still miss skiing a lot. :(
I had to count after our last ski trip. I've only gone 6 times this season, and 4 have been with the girls, so it certainly hasn't been a hard charging year, I've barely covered the cost of my season pass. There just hasn't been enough of anything to justify the drive most days. I've gotten "powder alert" from Monarch exactly twice this year. Scary visions of the future, perhaps.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Current counts for my household:

Me 18
Wife 9
Middle kid 11
Elder kid maybe 12? she has a comp center pass so it doesn't tally it up online

Elder kid will log at least two more Devo days. I'll get those + at least Wednesday if not a few more. Most days the snow hasn't been great but have had at least two legit good days and the others are still skiing!