Quantcast

LBS close to Diablo?

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
Hey guys,
What's the best LBS close to Diablo that's open on the week days? Would prefer a Gravity-oriented one, not a roadie shop.

Thx.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
wow thanks joey! cycle works is in byram, about 45 min. away... but well worth it!

call and talk to john or frank

973-347-3733

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
we're in Oak Ridge, and like to check out LBS when we're vacationing. Since Diablo isn't gonna be open until Sunday (if at all....), thought we'd check some out. I'm in need of some padded DH shorts, but generallly, just wanna look around.

Cycleworks is where?

B

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

closest shops to diablo - farthest shops

barrys bikes, warwick ny has bunch of small parts

sussex bike shop off rt 23 right before the town of sussex

town cycle, west milford, nj close to their shop rite. if you car coming the warwick turnpike to diablo this is your best bet

rt 15 cycles i think the town is jefferson if you are rt 15 right passed picattiny arsenal it is on your left going towards diablo.

cycle works is on 206 in byram, good shop with dh knowledge. but it is out of the way.

there are a few other shops "on your way" but i personally dont care for them.

ps. ridetopia is a small mx and dh shop 1/2 mile north of diablo. they offer rentals at a cheaper rate and jay knows his way around tuning suspension. they also have an ok selection of small parts.

CraShRyDer7

Monkey
Feb 1, 2008
franklin lakes
sussex bike shop is close. i stopped by there once. they seem like a nice shop. a small shop, but seems like a nice place. the intense build they had came out nice

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
are you kidding me. sussex has no idea how to any thing that has to do with a bike that has more then 3" of travel. i got my chain guide there and some how they managed to f that up.

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
I dont know what these clown are saying but you can get to cycle works in 30 minutes from diablo

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
Travis, leave Sussex Bike alone.

Sussex Bike isn't the place to go for anything downhill oriented. They're more of a roadie shop. The owner and people who work there are very nice, and my family has known them for years.

Your best bet is probably gonna be Ridetopia or Cycle Works. I'd say Cycle Works is the best, but it's kinda outta the way for you guys...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Travis, leave Sussex Bike alone.

Sussex Bike isn't the place to go for anything downhill oriented. They're more of a roadie shop. The owner and people who work there are very nice, and my family has known them for years.

Your best bet is probably gonna be Ridetopia or Cycle Works. I'd say Cycle Works is the best, but it's kinda outta the way for you guys...
well i think ridetopia is better just because like you know if you need a dh tube it only takes him 2-3 weeks to get it.