Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friday!!!

god damn its been a long week.

:wave:

Last day in the woods.

Need to get the tools out.
How's the weather out your way? We're still in t-shirt and shorts for some rides, but I think someone is about to flip the cold switch. :panic:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thank you to gonefirefightin for the three day weekend.

Swam 2600 yards early this morning even though I have the day off from work. Wife was getting up to swim though, so I tagged along. I need to get a run in before the weather today turns to complete hell.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thank you to gonefirefightin for the three day weekend.

Swam 2600 yards early this morning even though I have the day off from work. Wife was getting up to swim though, so I tagged along. I need to get a run in before the weather today turns to complete hell.
how's the hot tub

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
how's the hot tub
Awesome. Been in it every day. Right now it is just a hot tub sitting on a patch of grass and dirt in the backyard (well technically sitting on a pad). Next year I plan on doing some "exterior renovations" and making the area look nice and pretty, which will include a new deck. Or more accurately, I will be paying somebody to do said renovations.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
coffee->pooping->dog walking->three cats to the vet->dental cleaning and a filling for me->keeping a watchful eye on the sump system for the predicted heavy rainful later today/tonight

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Awesome. Been in it every day. Right now it is just a hot tub sitting on a patch of grass and dirt in the backyard (well technically sitting on a pad). Next year I plan on doing some "exterior renovations" and making the area look nice and pretty, which will include a new deck. Or more accurately, I will be paying somebody to do said renovations.
we have a cantilever umbrella next to ours for daytime use. It's actually quite nice, especially in the summer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No holiday from my company today, so I took the day off anyway as I have hours to burn.

Hey @Pesqueeb how much snow you got down there? I was planning on freezing at buff creek later as I'd read yesterday it was mostly clear...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning.
Thank you to all of the Monkeys (and non-monkeys) that have served so I can live a life of freedom!

Up early but the deer weren't out....they were in the roads all night so they're somewhere. Supposed to rain quite a bit so It's a hunker down and play games with the kids kind of day. In laws are visiting so much good food will be cooked for their consumption too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
OMG NEW KILL LIST ITEM

Was working on recording some documentation for a new config setup, in a Word doc that is in SharePoint. God damn fuckin' OneDrive signed itself out and therefor auto-save is turned off (I didn't notice this). When I closed the document it didn't prompt me to save it.

FFS. :butcher: :banghead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
OMG NEW KILL LIST ITEM

Was working on recording some documentation for a new config setup, in a Word doc that is in SharePoint. God damn fuckin' OneDrive signed itself out and therefor auto-save is turned off (I didn't notice this). When I closed the document it didn't prompt me to save it.

Try it now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OMG NEW KILL LIST ITEM

we just got fully migrated to 1D. not a particular fan.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
we just got fully migrated to 1D. not a particular fan.
Ignoring what I said above, its actually pretty great now, IMO. If your IT warriors haven't already, definitely go into the settings and tell it to backup your desktop/documents/pictures.

The autosave thing is wonderful and so is being able to share and collaborate on any doc that is synced with your OneDrive.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The thing I don't like about having OneDrive is that people still send files as attachments, rather than sharing them in OneDrive so they become collaborative documents. Drives me batty. In my opinion, the biggest strength systems like this have is that there can be one document, in a place, and multiple people can contribute. Even better would be to introduce branching, or a pull request type of workflow, but FFS people don't even understand the sharing and collaborating thing so branching would be way out of the question.

Also, investment monkeys: I just realized that my HSA isn't invested and I need to sort that ASAP. Without going to deep into it, what's a solid "set & forget" thing I can invest this thing in, until such a time that I can dive in a little deeper and figure it out? Something like S&P500 or whatever? I know fuck all about this shit.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The thing I don't like about having OneDrive is that people still send files as attachments, rather than sharing them in OneDrive so they become collaborative documents. Drives me batty. In my opinion, the biggest strength systems like this have is that there can be one document, in a place, and multiple people can contribute. Even better would be to introduce branching, or a pull request type of workflow, but FFS people don't even understand the sharing and collaborating thing so branching would be way out of the question.

Also, investment monkeys: I just realized that my HSA isn't invested and I need to sort that ASAP. Without going to deep into it, what's a solid "set & forget" thing I can invest this thing in, until such a time that I can dive in a little deeper and figure it out? Something like S&P500 or whatever? I know fuck all about this shit.
@stoney to a white courtesy phone... @stoney to the white courtesy phone, please. :D