Quantcast

!@@@ Le Munday @@@!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
might scroll through chapagneandslicks ig feed all day...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Idk about you but I'd rather enjoy a fresh coating of snow than go to work or school
When we moved here, schools did not close for snow. Our snow readiness is extremely high.

Yes, I’m sure the administrators and kids are happy. They will be less so when it’s july and they are still in school though! :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
snow of the non bucolic kind is here. Windy cold sideway snow... le disappointed for now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So where is my snow! :rant:
It over here.. fun drive to work. About 8-10" on the ground at home and it was still coming down.

The town where I work, which is one of the wealthiest in the area, is apparently asleep at the wheel or they only own a couple snow plows. :confused:

First day in the office since before Christmas. Guy who was covering me made a mess of my desk ughhh.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
snow storm in full effect now. schools were closed before the first flakes even started falling. on-line schooling is more like an on-line assignment. busy day at work + kids at home = unhappy monkey.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
snow storm in full effect now. schools were closed before the first flakes even started falling. on-line schooling is more like an on-line assignment. busy day at work + kids at home = unhappy monkey.
I heard on the radio here that some schools decided late last night to do online schooling today, rather than give them a snow day. :s

I say give them a snow day. Strap on the snow pants and send them outside. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I heard on the radio here that some schools decided late last night to do online schooling today, rather than give them a snow day. :s

I say give them a snow day. Strap on the snow pants and send them outside. :D
Yeah, we got the email just before 11pm...

And yes, they will go outside. As soon as the snow plow is done in our court. Which usually takes a couple of hours...

Edited to add: I just printed my son's work for the day. First up: read and answer questions about a text on "the joys of winter". Instead of playing in the snow. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hot damn am I tired. Spent a long weekend working on the house. Crabjoe and his son came over to help rip out the bathroom and flooring upstairs. I think most of the destruction is done now and it'll all be a constructive process from here on out.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Waiting for chairs to start turning. It's cold. Left before becoming traffic, so able to just cruise on the drive up. Forgot to set my ooo on VM and email. Oops. Whatever.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Working from 8-4 today. Sent the kids out for cleaning supplies. I told them I want the bathrooms and kitchen cleaned and shinny so their mom will have a nice surprise when she gets home. 50/50 odds that will happen.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coworker just sent me this picture from his home looking out at where two freeways interchange. Can see people out there walking on the freeway and at least one accident. :rofl:

All of Toronto looks like this on google maps now :rofl::rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Despite low heart rate variability I suited up and e-biked in to work, because I am brave

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Home for the holiday. Got some some snow here....haven't measured but looks to be about 5+" Have to clean the driveway up at some point, but will wait to see if we get sleet/freezing rain first...tractor has lights so I can do it whenever. Working on paperwork for school by the woodstove and sipping coffee is nice. I could get used to this!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Mega downpour on the way into the office, somebody went off the side of the embankment on the southbound side, 7 fire trucks, 3 ambulances and 4 CHP cars, glad to be going the other way, traffic was borked.

Bagel with lox sounds pretty good right now, brb.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Gonna go give some monies to the new coffee shop and see if they bring the goods. Then taking rugrats to a playground they tell me isnt covered in snow. Afterwards I plan on walking the rounds in a fruit cold storage facility I am managing. I will check oil levels and give a sniff and a listen.

Later tonight I got a night hike planned with a buddy. We are going to survey the melt out on the trails. The Kwac trails (@Westy ) are looking pretty brown from the interstate.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We found powder in the trees. Somehow. Massive ice sheet, so we gambled going into the trees - boom! Barely touched snow. Debating calling shirt day because I need to stain a butcher block.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Knee seems to be 97% better. Just a little tiny bit swollen still, but feels almost totally normal. Still will take it easy for another day or two.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
FTS already.
Finally getting my morning poop taken care of. Busier day than had planned, but that seems to be the norm since we are 4-5 people understaffed.

Sending everyone home at 4 due to the ice/snow/sleet crap outside. Already have a semi laying on its side on us 30.