Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
three ride
three posts
zero pics

:thumbsdown:
I'll see what I can do about that tonight. Riding NTM with my lady after "work hours" if you wanna join... beers at NTB after. Also, any chance you have a working ~130mm travel, straight steerer tube, QT dropout, old-school fork kicking around? The rebound circuit on her fork shit the bed, looking for a replacement for permanent or even temporary while we get this one fixed.

CC: @SkaredShtles @6thElement @Toshi @Adventurous @stoney

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I'm not in some pristine rainforest here. This is on the Sand Creek Greenway, inhabited by dog walkers, homeless encampments, and bike commuters; on paved bike paths in Stapleton; or in the bike lane on Montview Blvd.
Oh no, I know but when i see some douche nozz bumping bass nectar from their pack out in the wilds it makes me cry for humanity & then i get a little angry.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
bork
ended up eating the following last evening:
slightly undercooked broccoli (my doing), rice, tacos alpastor, ceviche, ice cream
:drool:
I went by one of my favorite Mexican places last night and picked up a pound of pork carnitas, made some pico de guy-o, and we made hogs out of ourselves....I regret nothing.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Last few weeks of house addition. I get the irony of complaining about adding on to your house sucking, but there's definitely crappy aspects of it. Floors that have been all torn out finally going in, doors finally going on. Can't wait to just get back to semi normal life instead of a family of four being camped out in about 500 square feet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'll see what I can do about that tonight. Riding NTM with my lady after "work hours" if you wanna join... beers at NTB after. Also, any chance you have a working ~130mm travel, straight steerer tube, QT dropout, old-school fork kicking around? The rebound circuit on her fork shit the bed, looking for a replacement for permanent or even temporary while we get this one fixed.

CC: @SkaredShtles @6thElement @Toshi @Adventurous @stoney
Out. Studying until Sunday night, test Monday am, apply for new job Monday afternoon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some junky passed out on the sidewalk in front of my house for a few minutes. He seems to have abandoned all his worldly possessions. Some adult diapers, sweatshirt and a notebook with indecipherable writing. Such a glamorous lifestyle. I don't know why more people aren't into it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Cypress Hill - black or Latin
bork
ended up eating the following last evening:
slightly undercooked broccoli (my doing), rice, tacos alpastor, ceviche, ice cream
:drool:
Man - made homemade ceviche for the 1st time last week. So easy and SOOOO good. :drool:

And shit's been hot around here... so cold soup/stew FTW!

Tornado in Laramie

[YOUTUBE]
What's even more impressive is how green it is up there right now.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Good ride today. Made it four miles in before little man decided to lose his shit in the trailer. Good climb, no hiking, Lega hate me.

So one thing this reminded me, we guys that are primarily down hill guys, never lose the drive to get our go fast on....... Even when we are on a Kona mahuna pulling a 45 pound child in a kiddy trailer........

My son may have gone airborne a few times.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently I'm a dick for texting two buddies with "hey guys, great ride thanks for coming out".

First dude bailed in the afternoon, saying he was working. Which was kind of expected as he bails literally every time. Second dude asked me what time we are riding at 4:30pm and then left me hanging at the trail without even a message saying he wouldn't show up.

Oh well, their loss. Trails were halfway between dry and moist tonight. In other words, butt clenching carving here dirt.

Sometimes solo rides are the best rides anyways. :)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I might actually have a fork, but it's going to be crappy. I think I spent $75 on it.
:popcorn:

internal move, or brave new world?
Internal. It's the analytical/product manager position and a few steps up the ranks. Our internal hierarchy defines it as a manager/professional level position. ie. We have A-L for seniority. L is entry, K is support, H is senior (which is my current), G is asst mgr/team lead, F is manager/professional, A is C-level; this position is F level. I will be wearing slacks again vs. jeans and a polo. This will be somewhat client facing, but very minimally.

I've already talked to the Director and he's on board. The team is fully on board as well. The interview will be in large part a formality based on our prior conversations. The only question is whether HR and my manager/VP will be on board. You have to be in a position for >1yr to move to a new one without mgr approval, unless you stay within your business line. I'm at 9 months and this is out of business line. My current manager is lining up new positions within the business line for me though, so I think he knows I'm running out of gas doing what I'm currently doing, as it's changing quickly.

Internal because the 6 weeks of pto I will get in 18 months is hard to get elsewhere.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wait...what do you know? :panic:
Markets are cyclical. We are 9 years into the second longest bull market in modern US history. Much of the recent market return has been on stock buybacks.

From my observations:
People (older) are moving away from bonds into more aggressive investments because they are not yielding enough - ie people who should be, are not scared of risk.

I'm getting calls from people upset that their account is not up 15% halfway through the year, like it was last year - people's expectations for return are getting outlandish and unrealistic

On the above note, people upset that their account is possibly down 1-2% at any given point of the year. A normal year has 20+ >1% changes from the prior close and 13+ >2% (on the S&P500). Last year was a complete oddity; steady, non-volatile growth doesn't happen - we had NONE!

People are placated to the risk that is the market. I'm starting to see a lot of the "me too" people jumping in; people who got nuked in 2008 and went to cash/stable value funds. I'm not saying that the market will turn soon, because we don't know. But it will eventually and the primary owners of wealth in this country, once you get past the 1%, are retirees and people near it - it's just a matter of age. They do not have the ability to recover from their losses and a lot of Boomers already pushed retirement because of 2008. Look up endogenous risk to get a better understanding. I quite frankly want nothing to do with retail investors when the shit hits that fan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Markets are cyclical. We are 9 years into the second longest bull market in modern US history. Much of the recent market return has been on stock buybacks.

From my observations:
People (older) are moving away from bonds into more aggressive investments because they are not yielding enough - ie people who should be, are not scared of risk.

I'm getting calls from people upset that their account is not up 15% halfway through the year, like it was last year - people's expectations for return are getting outlandish and unrealistic

On the above note, people upset that their account is possibly down 1-2% at any given point of the year. A normal year has 20+ >1% changes from the prior close and 13+ >2% (on the S&P500). Last year was a complete oddity; steady, non-volatile growth doesn't happen - we had NONE!

People are placated to the risk that is the market. I'm starting to see a lot of the "me too" people jumping in; people who got nuked in 2008 and went to cash/stable value funds. I'm not saying that the market will turn soon, because we don't know. But it will eventually and the primary owners of wealth in this country, once you get past the 1%, are retirees and people near it - it's just a matter of age. They do not have the ability to recover from their losses and a lot of Boomers already pushed retirement because of 2008. Look up endogenous risk to get a better understanding. I quite frankly want nothing to do with retail investors when the shit hits that fan.
i have a hard time feeling bad for boomers.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

From my observations:

Ahhh... OK. So you don't know anything.

:p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A crash in the next few years would be great for me. My debt is at fixed rates and I could always refinance lower. Not selling the house any time soon and would love to pick up a place in the hills for cheap. Buying cheap when further from retirement is the way to do it.

But I’m not Nostradamus, so I’ll continue to show up at work and dollar cost average every month dutifully.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A crash in the next few years would be great for me. My debt is at fixed rates and I could always refinance lower. Not selling the house any time soon and would love to pick up a place in the hills for cheap. Buying cheap when further from retirement is the way to do it.

But I’m not Nostradamus, so I’ll continue to show up at work and dollar cost average every month dutifully.
I'm not trading on this, I'm getting out from in front of a full bus coming down a mountain with brakes starting to smoke. I'd prefer to let someone else take that phone call.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

A crash would be good for me as well, since I have no property...