Quantcast

***le Tuesday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A lot of the forests have been closed around where I live. Parking lots are posted with signs, others are either gated or have had Jersey barriers installed.

And Toronto and other areas have left trails/parks open, but have closed their parking lots. If they start enforcing the no parking allowed, then I think this is the way to go. Their message seems to be if you can walk or get to the trails by bike, sure go use them, otherwise stay away and go home.

They are starting to hand out tickets to people for not obeying physical distance rules...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A lot of the forests have been closed around where I live. Parking lots are posted with signs, others are either gated or have had Jersey barriers installed.

And Toronto and other areas have left trails/parks open, but have closed their parking lots. If they start enforcing the no parking allowed, then I think this is the way to go. Their message seems to be if you can walk or get to the trails by bike, sure go use them, otherwise stay away and go home.

They are starting to hand out tickets to people for not obeying physical distance rules...
Pretty much the same here. I can bike to trails and enjoy human free singletracks.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Boo. Looks like I'll be in line for a temporary pay reduction, with details to follow. Still got a job though, so I guess I should be thankful for that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Anyone cut their own (or their SO's) hair yet?
My wife cuts my hair regularly but I have re-instanted a weekly shave with a straight razor.

Big UPS truck delivered wife's new fancy stationary bike in a massive box with a massive gash on its side, clearly penetrating some of the styrofoam cladding. Pictures sent to the vendor, now awaiting their response.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My wife cuts my hair regularly but I have re-instanted a weekly shave with a straight razor.

Big UPS truck delivered wife's new fancy stationary bike in a massive box with a massive gash on its side, clearly penetrating some of the styrofoam cladding. Pictures sent to the vendor, now awaiting their response.
I'd kill for a good straight razor hair and beard line cleanup right now. Maybe I should dive into getting a straight razor at some point.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
CRISIS AVERTED! :drag:
Luckily the blow went into a 10" thick piece of styrofoam so no visible damage of the goods inside. We'll see if it works later.
I'd kill for a good straight razor hair and beard line cleanup right now. Maybe I should dive into getting a straight razor at some point.
Every gentleman should be able to shave with a straight without cutting himself to pieces. :D I can help with some starter kit, too.
I cringe when people refer to something like e-bikes 'at least it will get more people on bikes'. Fuck that, encourage people to take up golf and tennis
:stupid:
"the segway of the woods"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Did you bother to check if there was any damage to the bike itself?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did you bother to check if there was any damage to the bike itself?
I would never be able to put the packaging back together as it arrived in commercial packaging, on a pair of palettes, wooden frame box, custom cut/assembled styrofoam blocks etc. I asked them if they prefer me to open it up and inspect at the risk of them picking it up in person later, or what.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I cringe when people refer to something like e-bikes 'at least it will get more people on bikes'. Fuck that, encourage people to take up golf and tennis
I get the same feeling when reading networks are putting in miles and miles of ultra green green trails to get people into the sport.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I get the same feeling when reading networks are putting in miles and miles of ultra green green trails to get people into the sport.
Or towns putting in paved paths over top of what was a nice single track or double track trail....to bring people into the forest. And then not plan for the increase in garbage and other crap. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fucking exhausted already and I'm barely halfway through the day. Was just given coverage of Nebraska, but it's not a huge issue because we're not travelling anymore, only doing WebEx. Just gotta keep busy.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Interior work at job now shut down due to worker testing + for covid.
Now we’ve got the place to ourselves, bringing a 4th furloughed guy back now since we've got more room.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Biking w/ the little one who was going a mile a minute. guy has some revolutions in those legs!

IMG_7422_sm.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fuckity fuck. riding guy i know semi-well died in a fire at his work this morning. old school charlotte guy. super crusty dude who got a lot of crap from everyone on local forums but was loved by all and loved riding bikes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Started pissing rain two pedal strokes from the house. Kept going anyways...

This area could be dangerous when this virus shit clears up; there is a patio beach bar a little ways up the lake on the perfect narrow lake side road.

Almost got hit head on by this lady in her golf cart.....fack

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Started pissing rain two pedal strokes from the house. Kept going anyways...

This area could be dangerous when this virus shit clears up; there is a patio beach bar a little ways up the lake on the perfect narrow lake side road.

Almost got hit head on by this lady in her golf cart.....fack

That sounds horrible

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and it's Taco Tuesday. I'll let it digest for a bit before I pop into the home gym for a few hours. Steak sauteed in Chili Verde sauce sprinkled with Habanero spiced pepper and ghost pepper salt, green cabbage red onion, aged white cheddar, Ghost pepper salsa and avocado on white corn tortillas

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
and it's Taco Tuesday. I'll let it digest for a bit before I pop into the home gym for a few hours. Steak sauteed in Chili Verde sauce sprinkled with Habanero spiced pepper and ghost pepper salt, green cabbage red onion, aged white cheddar, Ghost pepper salsa and avocado on white corn tortillas

Single tortillas?
FAIL

(but damn, I’d eat ‘em)

Last edited: