Quantcast

***le Wednesday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just got more details. Apparently he was under the semi getting dragged for about 50-60ft so he got some wicked road rash. Also has a punctured lung. The dude is a savage though. Just posts a selfie this morning in the hospital like "oh hey guys, I got run over by a semi last night but I'm ok" lol.

I get too into it sometimes. One day I managed to loop out on a manual on the way to work, then eat shit trying to drift some grass in the rain on the way home. My girlfriend thinks there is something wrong with me. And I think she is probably right.
where was he?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How European... is it just for the day?
Thursday and Friday. We actually knew about Friday, its the reason we aren't taking the night train to Siena, but we previously hadn't planned on traveling on thursday so we hadn't even bothered to check.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité I suppose. What are you going to do?
:feminist:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Thursday and Friday. We actually knew about Friday, its the reason we aren't taking the night train to Siena, but we previously hadn't planned on traveling on thursday so we hadn't even bothered to check.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité I suppose. What are you going to do?
:feminist:
Be very French, and have trois dans un lit?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
where was he?
Not entirely sure. I've never been to his place so I don't know what his commute route is. I know he's in the Antioch/Oakley area and rides BART from the city then rides the rest of the way. He was almost home when it happened. Did your boys pick up a biker that got dragged under a truck Monday night?

Things sound more serious the more I get updates. He's on a tube since his lungs were filling with fluid and the road rash is apparently pretty bad. Here's the latest about what happened.

"He was approaching a red light at an intersection, riding on the right shoulder where you'd expect a bicycle rider to be. The semi was stopped at the red light. As Tony came along side the truck, the stoplight turned green. The truck driver suddenly decided to pull into the driveway on the right, so goosed it and swung to the right without warning or turn indicators. Tony tried turning to the right to avoid the truck, but got caught and knocked down. The truck rolled over him, tire across his chest. He got pinned under the differential and dragged for approximately 50 feet before bystanders got the truck driver to stop. He didn't realize he hit anyone. Tony was conscious and aware the entire time, and relayed the sequence of events to me when I saw him on Tuesday evening. He was only a few miles from home when this happened."

Fuck man. He should probably be dead.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Holy shit. That sounds awful.

I don't think Eric's company would have handled that as they're more paratransit/non-acute transport, iirc. Whatever the Bay Area's equivalent to Medic One is would get that call.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm still validating whether the "crack" noise is gone on the bike. If I get one more ride with no cracking noise (tomorrow - same shit, different day!), then I will swap the Ribbon on and sell that P.O.S. Fox 34.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not entirely sure. I've never been to his place so I don't know what his commute route is. I know he's in the Antioch/Oakley area and rides BART from the city then rides the rest of the way. He was almost home when it happened. Did your boys pick up a biker that got dragged under a truck Monday night?

Things sound more serious the more I get updates. He's on a tube since his lungs were filling with fluid and the road rash is apparently pretty bad. Here's the latest about what happened.

"He was approaching a red light at an intersection, riding on the right shoulder where you'd expect a bicycle rider to be. The semi was stopped at the red light. As Tony came along side the truck, the stoplight turned green. The truck driver suddenly decided to pull into the driveway on the right, so goosed it and swung to the right without warning or turn indicators. Tony tried turning to the right to avoid the truck, but got caught and knocked down. The truck rolled over him, tire across his chest. He got pinned under the differential and dragged for approximately 50 feet before bystanders got the truck driver to stop. He didn't realize he hit anyone. Tony was conscious and aware the entire time, and relayed the sequence of events to me when I saw him on Tuesday evening. He was only a few miles from home when this happened."

Fuck man. He should probably be dead.
:fie: