Jul 16, 2004
Uhmmm Looks Flexy. :rolleyes:

Still trying to figure out which way he's facing :confused:

[SIZE=-2]Yeah I know, Somebody had to say it.[/SIZE]

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Dang. If he just would have held onto the bars he probably would have ridde away from that.

Or not. Probably not. Nope definately not. Ouch.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
O....M....G.....

Left Hip = Done...
Right Side of Face = Done...and maybe a little broken...
Ass into Rock = Done...
Missing Right Shoe = Done...

Gawd....I thought the one pic was bad....not so!! Anyone know how he came out of this?? Was it a laundry list of bones and stitches??

J

JRB

I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt as much that his bike came, as that face to the rock thing did.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
That picture is so old he was probably the only dude clipped in...
that's why he was haulin' such ass just before this. He probably
designed the Switchblade. And riser bars afterwards.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
jdschall said:
Could also be GG Allan...
Except I (and this might be just me) don't put GG in the same category as Iggy, hell, I don't think GG was all here on Earth anywayz......GG was in a place all his own. I mean did Iggy ever take a crap on stage?? And if he did...did he ever turn around and eat it....I think not.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Dirt Merchant said:
That picture is so old he was probably the only dude clipped in...
that's why he was haulin' such ass just before this. He probably
designed the Switchblade. And riser bars afterwards.
:confused:

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
I heard so much about this wreck - our friends who weren't racing in Brianhead couldn't stop talking about it (not an old pic BTW - this happened a couple weeks ago at the Brianhead NORBA). They said the guy was up and riding in a split second and appeared to have made it through this without a scratch. They said it was the most spectacular and improbable wreck they'd ever seen in their lives. Not to mention he was the only guy they'd ever seen racing Expert DH in goggles and an XC helmet and had his seatpost jacked up like he was racing XC too...

Cool as hell to see the pics. Thanks!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jdschall said:
Could also be GG Allan...
I was thinking the same thing! Of course if it was GG Allan he would have used crap instead of peanut butter. GG Allan was one crazy dude.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
altagirl said:
I heard so much about this wreck - our friends who weren't racing in Brianhead couldn't stop talking about it (not an old pic BTW - this happened a couple weeks ago at the Brianhead NORBA). They said the guy was up and riding in a split second and appeared to have made it through this without a scratch. They said it was the most spectacular and improbable wreck they'd ever seen in their lives. Not to mention he was the only guy they'd ever seen racing Expert DH in goggles and an XC helmet and had his seatpost jacked up like he was racing XC too...

Cool as hell to see the pics. Thanks!

and dont forget jean shorts w/a belt :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Wumpus said:
He looks like he was already unclipped by that point.
one foot is, one foot isn't. check out the next frame:

a friend of mine broke his foot when he landed a drop poorly, the bike shot out from under him, but his foot didn't unclip initially. to top it off, it's on vid. it's actually kinda funny when you the shoe fly off.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Wumpus said:
It still looks like his foot is unclipped. Look how the outside of the pedal is in front of his foot.

And his foot is twisted too much to be still clipped in in this pic:
I guess he shouldn't of crashed then...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
sanjuro said:
I guess he shouldn't of crashed then...

Do you bother to read a whole thread before making comments?

Because this is what I was talking about. I say the bike would have come with him with or without clipless pedals.

narlus said:
oh damn.

that guy is a poster child about the dangers of clipless pedals mixed with DH.
narlus said:
if he's running flats, the bike ain't coming w/ him after this point: insert image

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Maybe if he was riding with 5 inches of seatpost sticking out, he might have not crashed.

I just don't bother analyzing what happens after you fall. If he wasn't clipped him, I bet the bike and pilots vectors would not have intersected.

J

JRB

narlus said:
only w/ clipless can you invent a new sport:

extreme manualling:

So he has shoes with cleats in the heel??? No wonder he crashed.