Quantcast

Leatt DBX

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So what is the scoop with the new DBX comp and ride Leatt? What are the main differences between them and the older versions? Are they out yet and where? Any info appreciated!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Anyone know the main differneces between the new DBX Comp I, II, or Pro?

I cant find a weight on the PRO

Last edited:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I have a club 2 brace other than the colors,weight & the materials that it's constructed off,you basicly get the exact the same brace as the DBX comp;)

DBX Comp(1,2) vs Club 2 both have:
Low profile padding
Same Adjustments
4 different adjustment pins
wedge

The Pro braces of the DBX & GPX are weighting the same at 550g,both are carbon and have same low profile padding & features etc.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Are you sure Pro has same adjustments as DBX or GPX Comp and Club?

I have had Pro in my hands during Eurobike and it didn't seem to have them...

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
O'Neal has them. I just received mine. I used the GPX most of the season and the BBX does give you a little more range of motion

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So I'm picking up a new unused black Leatt Comp (not DBX) Saturday morning to use for the race that day. What do I need to do to set it for MTB so that I can do it in the car ride on the way to the race?

Any assistance would help.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
You should have all upper protection on when fitting it and standing up to get a proper fit. This includes helmet especially. There's several adjustments that are critical for proper protection. Mostly the rear strut brace. It took me a good hour first fitting to make sure it was perfect. And locktite the screws and DO NOT overtighten.
Fitting it in the car doesn't sound like a good idea. A partner makes the job easier.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
So I'm picking up a new unused black Leatt Comp (not DBX) Saturday morning to use for the race that day. What do I need to do to set it for MTB so that I can do it in the car ride on the way to the race?

If you are buying used, make sure the seller includes all the original chips so that you can get a proper fit, it's very important. My DBX came with 4 different chip sizes. There's also a wedge that's included for the rear support that should be included.

Or make sure the guy has the exact same shoulder / chest dimensions as you!

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
I found the setup on the dirt website to be very helpful (got the best fit from it). Sorry I can't find the link at the moment

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!

If I were you I wouldn't wear it for the first time during a race run. It takes a little bit of time to get use to it, unless your looking for an excuse why Cecil beat you down the hill.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If I were you I wouldn't wear it for the first time during a race run. It takes a little bit of time to get use to it, unless your looking for an excuse why Cecil beat you down the hill.
Captain Cecil Flex of the shirtless brigade may have a better sprint than me, but that's it. If he were to beat me, I would simply chalk it up to the brands and sponsors he uses, not the skills he abuses.:p

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
qft, took me about 3 runs to get used to it, 10 to get comfortable.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Captain Cecil Flex of the shirtless brigade may have a better sprint than me, but that's it. If he were to beat me, I would simply chalk it up to the brands and sponsors he uses, not the skills he abuses.:p
Ha Ha, I am safe to say I am 1 up if not 4 up on you when it comes to speed and skill Bro!!! I am sure most will back me up on that. Hell you can't even jump!!! The only reason you beat me last year at the only 2 races I did was because I was on a 150mm travel bike on a race course where 8 inchs was needed. Hell you didn't even beat me by that much too. I am sure you got your high though!!!:D It's all racing and fun!!!!

Cecil:thumb:

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Wrong. :nope:

So how's the planning for the Paris race coming along?
Edit: And I'm asking in all sincerity, praying it's a go so we'll all have a place to ride.
Been hard working on something else right now. If I do put on a race there this year it will be late year and a 16min long Super D. A real Super D (Yes with climbing in it), not a DH Super D. Already talking to the Park about it. DH race back in early 2012. Let's just say we got no respect for putting on a race Local XC guys could not race in too and after last years flaming from the DH race not happening from all the DHers, the group is not thinking about it. Looks like it will be on me and a few others if it does happen.

By the way congrats on getting you Pro Lic., didn't know you got it.

Cecil

Last edited: