Quantcast

leatt - straps? yes? no?

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Here are my own made straps for my Leatt,very easy to use and it holds the brace perfect in place.It's also pretty comfortable too imo

looks good. might give this a go. will also be trying out the KALI astra bck protector which is Leatt compatible. will post pics n results...

subie_dave

Chimp
Jun 3, 2011
Does anyone have pics of how they attached the stock chest harness to their Leatt DBX Pro? I can't seem to see how those velcro straps attach anywhere!

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
i asked the Leatt rep at Sea Otter and he said the straps are optional and don't offer any more protection. It's just for riders who don't like the "Leatt" moving around.

As for me, my GPX PRO doesnt move at all (or at least i don't notice it) and i run no straps.

subie_dave

Chimp
Jun 3, 2011
Have you ever tried putting the straps on? I can't see how it's possible that they even mount to the brace.

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
Have you ever tried putting the straps on? I can't see how it's possible that they even mount to the brace.
yes i have. it's different than the old ones.

on the chest piece, peel back the cloth/rubber part (the rubber part has to pop out) and look between the cloth and plastic/carbon near the edge where the chest support meets to the neck, you will see the two velcro attachments (one on each side) there.

and for the back piece, peel off the cloth/rubber part and the piece is right there. the strap is designed to pull through the rubber piece, you can see the slit on the bottom.

the new design is for the leatt to pull from the side, and not down.. it's kinda awkward IMO, partly why i don't use it.

Last edited:

subie_dave

Chimp
Jun 3, 2011
yes i have. it's different than the old ones.

on the chest piece, peel back the cloth/rubber part (the rubber part has to pop out) and look between the cloth and plastic/carbon near the edge where the chest support meets to the neck, you will see the two velcro attachments (one on each side) there.

and for the back piece, peel off the cloth/rubber part and the piece is right there. the strap is designed to pull through the rubber piece, you can see the slit on the bottom.

the new design is for the leatt to pull from the side, and not down.. it's kinda awkward IMO, partly why i don't use it.
Appreciate the response - I'll give it a try when I get home. The other leatt's seemed to have a more visible attachment. Didn't think I'd have to peel back some of the cloth but I'll try it. Thanks!