Quantcast

Leatt straps

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Is it ok to run the brace with a pressure suit and no straps? I put the back piece under my back protector and the front over the pressure suit but seems like the brace is a little loose? The directions say it's ok. anyone else run it like this? I searched and couldn't find anything on this topic

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Cool. I guess it's supposed to float slightly? It stay's put but I guess my first reaction after putting it on for the first time was it needed to rock solid and not move at all. Like I said, it definitely stays put though. Thanks for the tip:thumb:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I use mine with no armor and no straps. It stays put pretty well, especially after I got the spacing on the back plate thing right. According to the Leatt manual, the straps are optional

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Cool. This weekend will be the first time using it so hopefully it's not too clumsy at first

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Mine barely moves with no straps and not pads. I prefer it without the straps, they just annoying me, having to tug at them all the time.

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
Yeah you should be fine with no straps as stated plenty of people run them no straps no armor. Personally i wear straps with or with out armor (661 defender 2.5)

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I really dislike having it on with no straps. No amount of adjustment will keep it from moving more than I would like. Mind you it doesn't really move all that much, but it moves enough that I notice it. I like everything to stay put, so I ride the straps and just forget about the thing, no problem.

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
The only prob with that is that the back of my brace is under my pressure suit and the front is over it:confused:

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
The only prob with that is that the back of my brace is under my pressure suit and the front is over it:confused:
Is the front over the top of your jersey or underneath it? I cut a slit in the back of my jersey to slip the back piece in behind my spine plate, put the front on top of my jersey, and use the strap but it's only attatched to the front. Gives it a bit more stability than without the straps I find.