Quantcast

Leg protection: which combo?

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
I'm looking for a new leg protection.
I was looking for those 2 combos:
-661 race knee & shin guard with a padlock keeper.

-tld Tbone with a soccer shin guard

The first looks as a nice combo with a good oerall protetion but i'm not sure if they are confy and if they have enough knee protection.

So I also saw the tld t-bone, it looks that they have a pretty nice knee protection and maybe i could add a soccer shin guard. (is it strong enough, does it fit with the tbones? I run flat and rocky trails, so i need also a shin protection.
Than i will have 2 single things that could move instead of one probably more stable, this could suck.

I also saw on Earthed 4 Fariclough crash at willingen wearing the kyle strait (looks the same as the tbone) and they felt down to his shin...so i'm not so sure that they really stay in place.

Can you help me??

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Roach/Raceface DH model. 3 years of crashing and not even a scratch on my legs(managed to broke my arm and injure my back just this season).

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Fox's Launch's are a Awesome. I've used both. Both are good, however I tended to tear up the Roach/Raceface's, and in all honesty, it was the FR, NOT the DH version of those pads.

You'll be happy with either.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
2nd the Fox launches. They might look uncomfortable (i disagree) but they're nice. I now fully trust that theres enough knee padding after a few falls at diablo

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I finally got them after like 4 weeks. The sleeve (and shin guard) slide down my knee. I'm going to try shrinking the sleeves in the washing machine.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i've been running roach for the past few years (same pair) and their sick but I just switched over to the lopes and they are amazing. dainese feel for half the price