Quantcast

Legalization of Marijuana??

SHWA

Chimp
Feb 26, 2002
Port Washington, NY
I just read on the NORML website that the united states government spends no less than 10 billion dollars a year on enforcing marijuana laws. Anyone else think this money could be much better spent?

What are all of your oppinions?

zibbler

Monkey
I say legalize the stuff and tax it heavily. At least the Gov. can MAKE money off of it instead of SPENDING money trying to stop it. People are gonna use the stuff regardless of whether it's legal or not. Also, if it's legalized that will put all these scumbag streetcorner dealers outta business. At least outta the pot biz. I don't smoke the stuff, but IMO I think it's far less damaging than alcohol abuse is. Just my 0.02

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
here and there, sometimes
I think the act of drug dealing is far more damaging than the act of smoking it. If they legalized it, then I would still not buy it (OK, thats a lie) but I wouldn't have to defend my smoking it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by SHWA
I just read on the NORML website that the united states government spends no less than 10 billion dollars a year on enforcing marijuana laws. Anyone else think this money could be much better spent?

What are all of your oppinions?
you could roll a BIG FATTY with that much money.
;)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We did this in high school... ain't gonna happen. Eventually you grow out of the pot stage and have children of your own. Do you want them to smoke pot - legal or not?

Besides - it smells like crap.

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
here and there, sometimes
Originally posted by Serial Midget
We did this in high school... ain't gonna happen. Eventually you grow out of the pot stage and have children of your own. Do you want them to smoke pot - legal or not?

Besides - it smells like crap.

1) I love the smell of pot, if it didn't smell so tasty, i wouldn't smoke it.

2) I wouldn't mind my kids smoking it, as long as it was responsibly. My parents smoke and I have smoked with them, they taught me the right way to handle it. Take care of business, then smoke if you must. I smoked all through High School, usually at school. I graduated with a 3.95 GPA in Honor and Accelerated classes. So I smoked all my graduation money, so sue me!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Don't get me wrong here. When I was in college I drank like a stinking fish pretty much 24/7... my GPA is in the witness protection program.:eek: Now, these FEW years later... I maybe have 6 beers in a month and I never touch the hard stuff. Not because I think drinking is wrong but because my interests have changed and I have different priorities now.

I could never smoke pot with my parents but I was often drunk at my former inlaws during holidays...:D :D :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Legalize it but do (sorry Mr. Tosh) critisize it. It's a true farce that its not legal, but legal or not it still is a harmful drug. You should hear my uncles chronic pot cough.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I have thought about this topic a lot. I think legalizing will be a good thing overall. Taxes, statistics (truly accurate instead of those people that lie about use), medicinal use is incredible and works well.

The only downfall I foresee is the weak minded. Those people who become adicted to things easily. While I don't think pot is a gateway drug for 90% of the users there are those users who want to get higher and higher and will try everything to do it. But then again. Alcohol does the same thing. NM the point is moot.

I say the gov't could use the money. :)