Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Pretty, gotta love the homemade stuff.

But still no triangles in the swingarm? tsk tsk Mr DeLay

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeah, i guess these frames have been field proven now, but the lack of some sort of triangle/gusset on the swing arm just makes me nervous. I know its steel but, a small fillet or something would make me feel 20x better about that frame.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Motocross bikes have no triangulation on the swing arms and they hold up fine. from what I can see this really a similar design aside from shock placement.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
If you order one with DJ/Slope/etc. in mind, they will add gussets to the frame. One under the swingarm like a little triangle.
The one shown must be more of an AM frame, although I notice they added a smooth little ht/dt/tt junction gusset. I like it a lot. I've seen some with a much shorter toptube for way better standover height too.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
the frames are surprisingly cheap. i asked steve about the frame because i might be interested, and he says that there is a lifetime warranty on the whole frame. not to mention, the frame alone only weighs about 7.5 lbs according to his site.

Dreyzar

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
Santa Cruz
~$1100 w/shock and powdercoat in any color. Not like that though, the owner of that frame did that himself somehow, or knows some guy. I don't know.
Please don't quote me on that price though, its pretty ballpark. Actually, thats the price for his downhill frame, which is similar, with a DHX. Theres shock choices and frame options. So getting in touch with Steve is the best thing to do if you're really interested.