Quantcast

legos

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I was a pre leggo kid. We had errector kits and chemistry sets. I also built model sailing ships and balsa wood biplanes and gliders. That stopped by age 15 when I started scuba diving and backpacking and getting stoned
betcha did a lot of hoop rolling right?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so we have a bunch of Yeti's on this board

I preferred getting stoned and ripping down canyon roads in the Santa Monica Mountains late at night at 50 mph with the road lit up by KC Daylighters on the 4x4 truck following behind us. Shuttle and light machine in one. Hell of a rush especially when you got high speed wobbles

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Grandma down the street sold 20 sets to us at a garage sale for around $150 a few years back. Ebay priced them well over $400, iirc. Steal of the year for Haley.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I only ever got the little sets as a kid. I don’t really care about legos as long as my feet are pain free. Now marble runs......

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Hardly had any sets, my parents would just buy used Legos by the the bucket and I had great fun trying to replicate those sets or other toys my parents didn’t want to buy on my own. I must have spent 80% of my childhood playtime with Legos.

Only briefly flirted with architecture and became a fake marine biologist instead.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I only ever got the little sets as a kid. I don’t really care about legos as long as my feet are pain free. Now marble runs......
Marble runs you say.....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I also enjoyed Legos as a kid. My brother and I had an entire toy room to ourselves, and much of it was dedicated to a Lego city we built, centered around two brothers who owned a company called Victory Industries. We each had our very own Lego person that was kept in a certain spot. We had a ton of sets, but largely made up stuff of our own, usually cars and trucks and flying things and stuff. I think I might have had one of the first (if not the first) Lego Space sets. All of our stuff got gifted (or sold maybe?) to my younger cousins years and years ago, no idea where it is now but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still in the family somewhere as most of those cousins have kids of their own now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a number of the first gen Lego Star wars kits, including boxes. My searching on bricklink has indicated they are worth some money. I think I'll play with them with my kids instead.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a large box of old school square bricks as hand me downs and a few Technics sets in the mix. Wanted to become a fake architect but ended up the Assistant to the Traveling Secretary of the Yankees.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Only had a box of used legos as a kid. Had lots of fun playing those. My brother got a technic universal set 8020 that I loved to make models with. My son has got the LEGO bug too. Super creative making original models and remixing things. Has been fascinated with planes. Recently made a cargo plane with retractable landing gear.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Also, if you’re interested in new sets, LEGO Canada is shipping to your door in 2 days. (wonder if USA is the same) Couldn’t believe the speed given the times!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Elder brother had this as the first technic in our house, I always wanted the later red version but it was too expensive.

technic-lego-expert-builder-8860-1980.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Elder brother had this as the first technic in our house, I always wanted the later red version but it was too expensive.

View attachment 145433
Nice, that was the only fancy Technics set I ever had, needless to say that original design lasted a few minutes before I turned it into a monster truck. It may have led me to getting an education in engineering but instead I ended up in charge of the Penske file.