Quantcast

Les Gets 2021

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Is anybody having issues with the RB player?
I still have not been able to watch Leogang and am getting damn antsy about Les Gets.

If I try to load it up, it just sits and spins, with the odd Network Error message if I try to refresh, or say try to switch between Womens and Mens.

Have tried different browsers.
With and without VPN
VPN terminating in Canada, US and Austria.
Reset WAN address
ETC

The damn thing just will not load.

Is there an alternate stream?

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Track looks mental. Super steep, off camber and rooty all in one. Seeing Brook use the trees to catch his line is nuts and other than the oddball last jump he really dealt with what looks to be super challenging. Now I can watch all the other vids. What a way to wake up.
Also so rad rad when the riders are phsyched about a track. And we know cameras do not give a sense of true gradient but I think Wyn's track walk managed to get the message across.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Looks like a track where the guys with the better tire sponsor would have a definite advantage.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Pidcock = XC monster.

Broken collarbone a few weeks ago. Was running 4th in the short track today, touched wheels and had a crash that could have fucked his cb again. Dropped to near last and then fought his way back up to 15th'ish in the remaining 8 minutes.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Hell yeah, we're just a few hours away from WC Part Deux, and I'm on my deux Pin & Tonic...So lets set the tableau for all the deux wheeled axxxtion:

* With the new track, its more clear than ever that "Les Gets" translates into "LEGIT" in Americanese. Course looks proper AF, aside from the wonky jump designs. But these guys are pros, so fuck'em, they'll figure it out (according to PB)

* Just like in 1940, despite being on hōm soil, there's been a lot of French casualties with Cabirou and Amaury out with some aggressive earth tackles, and Daprela going through bike hats at an alarming rate. Hopefully the Alien and Fabien Barel are taking extra care this weekend. Still, the Frenchies have some serious contenders with Loris and the Cougar, to say nothing of Pom Pom's donkey punching of the lady's field.

* 1/2 way through my deux Pin & Tonic

* Jeebus doesn't like zee German cars, being Jewish and all...Aaron Gwin has a Porsche...Aaron Gwin qualified 30th and got beat by Mic Hannah....A vengeful god indeed.

* The French soccer team got bounced early from the Yuro Samba Tourney, so it seems unlikely a native son is gonna take the win tomorrow. Les Bleus indeed.

* If Zeus decides to take a serious piss on the mountain tomorrow, there will be mass carnage, and I'm sure someone will say various UK riders will win because they live in a semi-frozen peat bog 80% of the year.

* So far, no testicles have been impaled in the making of this post.

I'm going to run out of gin, so I need to get this over with...Here we go:

5. Pepe the Frog: Tired of being slandered as an alt-right symbol of hate, Pepe returns to the land of the frogs and slams home an incredible 5th place astride a bad ass Renault Moundcountry Assault Bike

Obviously Pepe is rocking Time pedals, Mavic wheels, BOS suspension and a baguette in the water bottle cage to tie everything together. Sacre Verte!

4. Random Parisian Mime: Too long have our soundless, white-faced (non-racist white face btw) park clowns been excluded from the glories of WC podiums...now its a thing of past, as our silent assassin straps on a MIPS equipped beret and climbs aboard an imaginary DH bike. Going full Monty Python Holy Grail horse, our stalwart art student drop out (faux) gallops to an incredible 4th place and commits the ultimate mime crime by trading his "bike" for a case of Champagne from the UCI president.

3. @Flo33 : Our Austrian amie is fed up with his countrymen David Trummer getting all the local hype and makes the trek to Les Gets from Graz. Seriously, I can't think of any Monkey from France, so I'm using any EU monkey I can find. Anyway, FloJo jumps aboard a Nicolai and goes full Blitzkrieg on the neo-Gauls, claiming the 3 spot. In doing so, he proves that while his home track is notably shorter than Leogang, it actually is a better place to ride (and race) DH bikes since its not 45% wide open bike park jumps... @iRider is quite sad about this revelation.

2. I'm out of fucking gin now...Anyway, 2nd place goes to the fearless senator from Tejas, who bravely ran away from the season's first North American hurricane - Theodore Cruz. How in the Sam hell could a bloated, shit beard having fucktron like Teddy manage the 2 spot at a WC DH race? Its simple, he rode a Mullet Peacemaker...you're god damned right, nothing rides like a mullet bike, and science says any mullet bike is 72% faster/betterer than a dumb AF, homogenous wheeled shit wagon. Can you assholes even imagine riding a 29er bike with a 27.5 wheel out back? Probably not because you'd probably kill yourself after experiencing the insane ability to turn 0.000427% quicker into a corner. Its true - the only type of bike that combines playful, poppy and willfully slower into one amazing package is a mullet setup.

So yep, the biggest dildeau from the Lone Starfish State slides into 2nd wearing a fanny pack full of gummy dicks...and yes, he did have a prototype, blackbox Totem that is said to be...[gasp]...lighter than the original. Should be available sometime in 2024.

1. Yoann Barelli: Fuck yeah, the modern day version of Marquis de Lafayette brings home the gold on his new prototype GG DH bike. We all know Yoann is an absolute pinner, but how did a former EWS racer manage the top step at a WC race (and manage to beat out the force of nature that is mullet technology)? Magnets my friends...that and a massively high pivot idler design...@mtg has (finally) unleashed his latest DH dream machine, that is codenamed "The Juggalo". Using rare earth magnets to magically connect the rear triangle to rest of the bike, Matt can now manage a main pivot located 15" above the BB shell. The fucking wheel path is a "Q" and the kinematics made Linkage software crash. Now NASA has approached GG about acquiring the technology...Behold -

La femmes:

1. Pom Pom (duh)
2. Holl'in arse
3. Camye
4. Italian lady
5. German lady

See ya'll in a few hours (sans gin :disgust1: )

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
@buckoW best be there to rally the crowd up

I've filled the fridge with barley sandwiches and am counting down till the women drop in. I have NFI how time zones work so I'm assuming Americans are watching the race midday last tuesday and Kiwis already know the results. Either way I hope some of you fine gentlemen (lol ahem) are gonna be watching live to join in.

Also, watching all the track previews, quali vids etc, I'm theorising that tyre technology is going to decide this event waaay more than a lot of WCs. I'd hate to be running sub-par shoes on that track from what I've seen. Race Only compounds would be selling at firstborn prices right now in Les Gets.

*edit* also Noga Korem qualifying on dual 27.5 wheels is worthy of a cheer. legend.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
That rain is gonna mix up the mens for sure. I think its gonna be a war zone if it gets greasy.

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
has anyone the edited headshock picture where it's Troy brosnan's face and it says 'Fear the brozz'??? swear i saw it on here ages ago