Quantcast

Lets see some other hobbies!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MDmorgan said:
is that your car? if soo super smooth. it looks to german for this side of the pond.
nope, a picture from the kotex.....err..vwvortex. Actually there are a couple of cars like that in the states.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tons of stuff...

Reading
computers
music
gardening

and of course the SCA ....

Which has opened avenues to other hobbies like leather crafting (yes, I also make bondage gear, and such)...

My demi-gauntlet (Hand protection while fighting)...

I am also a cordwain (shoe maker)...
A shoe in mid build (the leather looks grey becaus I haven't oiled it yet which will return it's black color)...

A close up of the stitching. My shoes and boots are all custom made, hand stitched...

I also do a bit of metal work/blacksmithing. Here is a helmet I am working on...

The helmet was worked cold, no heat. It's been made using Viking construction techinques with help from modern tools. No welding on it, it's all held together with steel rivets.

I do lot's of things, but by far (aside from biking) The SCA and leatherworking are my faves.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
ummmm, i'm really too busy to do much else besides work/work/school/ride but i do get in some time giving shooting lessons to 'lil manimal

and my old pasttime that i don't get to do anymore :sad:
bodyboarding "the wedge" circa 1998, double/tripple overhead day...insane!
that little yellow speck is me :thumb:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Open wheel road racing (now just a fan, but raced karts for years...)
I'm likely the world's worst surfer
Snowboarding
Sailing
I have also recently gotten into nitro RC cars. Here's a pic of my "ride".....

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
mdavid said:
Machine Guns are a pretty fun other hobby!

Nice......

Thats my first one...A Reising M50 .45..... This is a C&R only state..... So no sweet uzi's or nice affordable Macs..... :mad: Now I'm workin on a Thompson :)

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
The helmet was worked cold, no heat. It's been made using Viking construction techinques with help from modern tools. No welding on it, it's all held together with steel rivets.

I do lot's of things, but by far (aside from biking) The SCA and leatherworking are my faves.
What kind of a lady doesn't forge weld their helmets??? ;)

*I do a little leather work, but it's been quite sometime since I worked in the fire. I should go retrieve my loaned out forge. :think:

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
manimal said:
ummmm, i'm really too busy to do much else besides work/work/school/ride but i do get in some time giving shooting lessons to 'lil manimal

and my old pasttime that i don't get to do anymore :sad:
bodyboarding "the wedge" circa 1998, double/tripple overhead day...insane!
that little yellow speck is me :thumb:

gasp, shock, horror....

why its child abuse to have such a young child around firearms. someone should report you to child welfare services.....

kidding of course :thumb: glad to see ya get him into it young

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Backpacking, climbing, woodworking, doing stupid things when drunk and I am really good at breaking things. I used to like target shooting but don't live close enought to a range to do it anymore.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
no pix, yet. but gardening, roasting coffee, cooking, oenology, drinking coffee, aquiring coffee beans, drinking wine, eating, traveling, photography/videography, graphic arts, turntablism, video editting & animation, collecting vinyl & I just got a screen printing kit so I can start making T-shirts.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I tuff truck race a 69 bronco. Usually 6 races a year and $4500 goes to the top 5. Im sitting in 2nd right now with 3 more races.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i like to play guitar, snowboard, surf, and bodyboard. although i might sell my surfboard and focus more on bodyboarding i feel so much more comfortable in the water on a small board, but thats also because my surfing skills suck. its hard to find a really good learning wave in new england. no long, slow peeling waves that you can ride for more than 10 seconds. anybody here remember good ole hurricane fabian a few years back? i went to hampton one day and it was insane. although i thought i was gonna drown in the morning since i lent my leash to a friend and decided to go bodyboarding without a leash, a closeout set caught me be surprise and ripped the board away from me before i could get totally under the wave. swimming 100 yards to the beach in 8 foot waves with a strong current is not fun.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Here's some pictures from today. That's pretty much my only other hobby.

(below) Ryan skiin'. Stupid tele hippy.

I'm just now building up a bike after 7 months of no riding. I'll post some riding pictures if I ever finish it.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my s/c 4runner
beer pong
making hip hop beats
snowboarding
wakeboarding
lacrosse
fly fishing (third favroite thing to do)
bmw's (soon hopefully)
pimpin hoes

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I climb, garden, camp, play guitar, paintball (haven't in 2 years and am considering selling my gun) and read. I also do a lot of music browsing, and I tend to get involved in construction type things on a regualr basis too.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I don't have a scanner, so it's either photo of a photo or no dice. First and last two are me, but I DID partake in the second, no doubt.