Quantcast

lets see some pics of your bikes

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by Lefty
Here is my bike against a graffiti wall. It is in his first setup, when i just got it. There a lot of things changed now.
[/IMG]
nice. Yeah my bike is a little different now, too. Its is in DH mode, 9-spd, chainguide, 2.5 Michelins & maybe some ATACS for race day. In the pic it is in urban mode hence the backdrop, yo.

There is a THC tag behind the bike.

Here she is in DH mode....well almost, i'm gonna move the wheel in the longest position race day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by binary visions
Here's mine after a recent tire change and serious cleaning...

Was playing with the flash and some Photoshop which is why the colors are so cold and none of the frame flaws (marks, scratches, etc.) show up.
have you played around with your XXX dropouts? is there a noticeable difference in positions?

I have yet to move my wheel from the middle dropout.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by TN
have you played around with your XXX dropouts? is there a noticeable difference in positions?

I have yet to move my wheel from the middle dropout.
I have done some playing with the longest two. I find a noticable difference... The long setting (17" CS) is more stable if you like that sort of thing. I haven't had any real riding time in the 15.5" setting yet, because I was running 2.5's until recently and they don't fit. I like the 16.25" chainstays - feels short and quick but not sketchy.

I've got some 2.2" Michelins right now and they fit, but it rubs against my front derailleur (specifically, it rubs against the clamp for the shifter cable). Haven't fussed with the derailleur placement yet to see if I can get everything working happily - I will be doing that soon. I haven't even gotten a ride on the new Michelins yet, actually. Might see about getting everything fitting in the 15.5" setting and taking it for a ride tonight.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Incidentally, the year you have only fits a 2.1" in the shortest dropout position, it's mostly just 24" wheel friendly. The clearance was increased the year I got mine, to 2.3".

Just so you don't run out and buy tires that don't fit :D

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Hears my fleet of bikes it has taken a long time to get my garage full of these bikes but I am really happy with every one of them.

Starting of I have got my Honda CRF150, then my commuter bike my old Azonic DS1 single speed built up from all of the left over bits. Then my XC bike Cove stiffee FR. Then my GT Brian Lopes, and finally my Demo

Attachments

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Originally posted by Tom DH
Hears my fleet of bikes it has taken a long time to get my garage full of these bikes but I am really happy with every one of them.

Starting of I have got my Honda CRF150, then my commuter bike my old Azonic DS1 single speed built up from all of the left over bits. Then my XC bike Cove stiffee FR. Then my GT Brian Lopes, and finally my Demo
Whooo..:eek: ***ck it...:monkey: :devil: nice fleet of bikes. I wanna be your fleetowner. :D I am really cheap..;)

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Originally posted by Lefty
Whooo..:eek: ***ck it...:monkey: :devil: nice fleet of bikes. I wanna be your fleetowner. :D I am really cheap..;)
As long as you are dirt cheap as the Honda bike I have just brought has cleaned me right out:)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Heidi
At Big Bear
wurd!
Heather told me she chatted with you but I didn't know who it was I saw at the parking with a sic wicked sparkly bike shorts! :)

Two :thumb: for fashion taste!