Quantcast

lets see your hardtail FR bike

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here's mine.

I'm looking for a new one now due to the snapping of the part where the seatstays join.

In the new bike I want:
-chromoly
-To be able do to anything (DH,street,DJ,XC)
-It will probably have a pike (95-140), so I want the HA to be kind of in the middle.
-6lbs. or less
-13" BB at most
-21-22" TT.

I'm looking at the Evil DOC right now. It might be a little slack, but I need to ride some other bikes to see how that would feel.

madfatter

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
I just got a chameleon and I love it. I can't remember having this much fun on a bike since I was 15. I'm more of a light FR/ somewhat xc rider and I was able to build it up for my tastes.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Here is my Ridge. I apoligize for the pic quality. Oh and the seatpost is telescoping. It's a maverick speedball before anyone tries to give me a hard time.

Attachments

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I'm not sure what they will be retailing for... but I suspect it will be less than $500. I got a hook up from their now defunked Scrap or Scab (forget the name) sponsorship... the one for non-racers.

I'm VERY happy with it.

EDIT - It's geometery is almost the same as my Titan,which is my favorite bike. Personally for all around use, I'd get a titan again... but for big stuff; I like the through axel and 1.5 headtube.

I think they still have last years titans (like jdschall's) for about $200. Mine's a '04 that has seen a lot of abuse, and still going strong!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Does anyone around SB or SLO have a regular size evil DOC that they would let me just roll around on to see how they feel. I like them, but i'm not sure what they feel like.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Peyto with a Pike Team. Gravity Dropper 4" post, Thomson stem, Easton bar. King HS, Juicy-5 brakes, King rear hub, Hope front. Race Face BB/cranks. SRAM drivetrain bits, M-545 pedals. Now has a WTB seat on, and a different bashguard than in these pics.

My do it all ride. Long high country epics, local xc stuff, some light urban/jump stuff, it's even done a few days at Keystone. The GD post really makes it nice. Head angle with the Pike at 140mm is 69 degrees. 28# as shown here. I still ride this about 2/3 of the time, though the fully is getting ridden more and more.

Last Tuesday, I tossed my spare fork (Z-150) with an 8" rotor on for a day at Keystone, with some DH tires front and rear. Slower than the guys on the big fully bikes, (and not hitting all the same lines) but it sure is damn fun and challenging to see just how fast/how much I can ride on this up there. The replacement rear shock for the fully should be here next Tuesday for next time up there.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
scrublover said:
Peyto with a Pike Team. Gravity Dropper 4" post, Thomson stem, Easton bar. King HS, Juicy-5 brakes, King rear hub, Hope front. Race Face BB/cranks. SRAM drivetrain bits, M-545 pedals. Now has a WTB seat on, and a different bashguard than in these pics.

sweeeeet...love the peyto stuff...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
MMcG said:
That Peyto is just killer. Everytime I see it I think that you found one helluva diamond in the rough when you found that frame available!

Yep! That's pretty much what I think about it, too. :D

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
heres my sweet hardtail. I raced it for the first time dh this past weekend and blew my fork. any sugestions to get some more travel? i wanna hit some biger stuff now

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
It's a great ride its the smallest feeling bike that I have ever ridden. The front end just wants to pop up and it feels great in trails to.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
yea, I just compared the geo and the top tube is just the right amont longer, and it seems like the right fit.

are you riding the short or long and how tall are you....if I may ask.