Quantcast

Lets see your pests...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have these guys all over my room.

Enough of my pests though, lets see some of yours.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I run into a roach like that every once in a while... those thengs are fast, manuverable, armored, sneaky... but thy aint got chit if you throw one in an ant farm :eek:

Did that back in houston when I was a kid as a science expirament. The cool part was that as soon as the ants saw his big ass in their territory the ants with the big massive heads scrambled and joined the battle... if I remember correctly after about 10 min of ass kicking the roach turned belly up and they continued to kick his dead twiching butt... after he stopped they dissasembled him and took him into their food area... :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by BurlySurly
I have these guys all over my room.

Enough of my pests though, lets see some of yours.
I have heard Hawaii is the worst for roaches.

My pests are too small to takes pictures of, and no one wants to see my pubes anyway.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by Evilmunch
at any time you can walk outside and count hundreds
Any ideas on how to kill 'em? Lawn granules aren't working.

Dude I had a dream the other night about those bastards. Had to run around wacking them with a hammer.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Originally posted by Evilmunch
at any time you can walk outside and count hundreds
Any ideas on how to kill 'em? Lawn granules aren't working.

Wolf Spider

DESCRIPTION: Wolf spiders are usually large, hairy spiders that are not associated with webs. They look much worse than they are.

HABITAT: Common household pest in the fall when they are looking for a warm place for winter; found around doors, windows, house plants, basements and garages.

CONTROL: Spider control is best done on a one-to-one, as needed basis. A general spray for spiders is not recommended, unless the infestation seems severe. Tolerate what you can, spray with an aerosol what you can't.

INTERESTING FACTS: Most homeowners have misconceptions about spiders-they are pictured to be poisonous (even deadly), and likely to attack at any time. Wrong. The only dangerous spiders we have in Virginia are the brown recluse spider and the black widow spider. The brown recluse is not common. The black widow is common, but reports of it biting people are infrequent.

For the most part, spiders are beneficial, eating insects and other spiders.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Westy
My cat has killed and partially eaten 3 rabbits so far this year. I am saving big $$ on cat food.
Damn, I'd of got rid of the cat and the BB's would have cost you less than $.02

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Man...Cicadas and June bugs are great! Its not summer without the humm of the ol male cicada trying to get his funk on... I used to make earings outa June bugs... A dollop of glue on the top of the thorax to afix a piece of thread. Tie the other end to a hoop and ya got yurself a crawlin, flyin june bug earing! It will realy clear ya a little room at the bar when it decides to take flight! Buzzin around in little circles teathered to your ear till it lites on your neck and sticks to it with those lil claws! Met many an interesting woman that way! And ya can let em go at the end of the evening....:thumb:

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
Damn. Never seen a house cat take out a rabbit before.
i would like to see a cat try to take out my rabbit. she beats up the dog and attacks our guests. anyone who comes over to my house usually gets a face full of rabbit fury wether they like it or not

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Disclaimer: The rabbits were young and on the smallish side, 5lbs or so.

So how long do you cook them per pound?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by stosh
So how long do you cook them per pound?
Dunno, the weight is just a guess. by the time I find them they are nothing but a head, spine, hip and rear legs with some loose front legs. I could post some pics but I can't find my USB cable to get them out of the camera.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
3-4 min per pound, don't forget to baste every 7-10 min.

Thats similar to squirrl but squirrl is basting every 3-5min because they are smaller and dry out quicker.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dunno, the weight is just a guess. by the time I find them they are nothing but a head, spine, hip and rear legs with some loose front legs. I could post some pics but I can't find my USB cable to get them out of the camera.

Maybe your cat ate that too.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
here's my biggest one right now, i have bands of blisters around my ankles from this shiit :angry:

chiggers right?

i get those like mad when i go to texas