Quantcast

Let's talk about gloves!

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Alpinestars SMX-2 AC

Picked em up on clearance for 30 bucks. Been using the same pair for the last two seasons going on three now. Best pair of gloves I have ever owned. All the stitching is still intact and the carbon armor over the knuckles has saved my ass countless times.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Anyone else kill gloves like me? have you found anything that works, or should i just give up and go with an old school pair of leather working gloves? i heard about mechainic's gloves and i'm gonna give those a try next. thanks.
I've used mechanic's gloves for a season now. I get them for $6 or so and I love them. For that prise the fit is amazing! They have no protection at all though so I also put on my old Dainese DH gloves (no carbon) over them.. A bit on the hot side but WTF, $6!! :D
I want full carbon on my next pair though and those Alpine Stars seem to hold up. The Dainese stiching only lasted 2 months, and that for a price of $80... :plthumbsdown:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I love my FOX Sidewinders...BEST gloves I've ever owned, but then again I've only gone threw 2 pairs in 5 years. Owned the Sidewinders for 3 years now, and after you get use out of them and wear them in (the palm bunches at first) they are sick gloves.

getting old though, and Im gana replace them with 661 gloves, probly cedrics.

Feb 13, 2006
Troy Lee XC gloves are the dog's bollocks.

Those "No Fear" MX gloves might work, but that name is as ghey as Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I mean, seriously. "No Fear"? If you have to announce that you have "no fear," then obviously you're trying to hide the fact that you fear a lot of things. Right? Sheesh.:disgust1:

Apr 28, 2006
Kirkland, WA
Sombrio Forensic's are what I have. Super glove, and the cuffless is really awesome. They are breathable, good padding, and look sick as hell also. I have em in mocha.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Troy Lee XC gloves are the dog's bollocks.

Those "No Fear" MX gloves might work, but that name is as ghey as Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I mean, seriously. "No Fear"? If you have to announce that you have "no fear," then obviously you're trying to hide the fact that you fear a lot of things. Right? Sheesh.:disgust1:
NoFearMx is a great company who supports boatloads of grassroots guys in motocross like you wouldn't believe. Their other brands are FMF and SoCal. i've enjoyed working with them more than any other company, regardless of logo.

Cory Gustafson was just hired on in sponsorship/rider relations/etc and his predecessor is a true professional when it came to dealing with riders.

Make fun of the name, I can understand, but their product line is second to none. They don't cut corners and they back their products. That's all I can ask for. They didn't even have an MTB product line and helped back our team b/c they've got DH'ers on staff (prior to Cory). :weee: