Quantcast

Lezyne Digital Floor Pump

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Does anyone have a Lezyne Digital Floor pump? Which end does it have? ABS chuck or dual valve?
Opinions?

I want a good floor pump.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
I have a Lenzyne Classic Dirt floor pump, awesome quality and accurate guage. The only annoying thing with it is that you have to screw the chuck on, and that gets annoying for airing up tube in a hurry. I don't have the ABS chuck system but the standard chuck is basically the same design in that you have to screw it on rather than having a chuck that has the flip lever chuck design.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
This is exactly what I was looking for. The more expensive pumps use the chuck. The cheaper ones use the dual valve. I think Ill just get the dual valve.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
This is exactly what I was looking for. The more expensive pumps use the chuck. The cheaper ones use the dual valve. I think Ill just get the dual valve.
I have the ABS chuck on mine. I freaking love my Lezyne pump and would buy another one in a heartbeat. Pretty sure you can buy the chucks separately as well. They are only like $10. Personally, I like the thread on. It seems to be more consistent and doesn't leak or pop off.

Oct 29, 2007
My biggest complaint with the Lezyne floor pump is that you can easily hit the bleed valve when unscrewing the threaded valve. Kinda offsets the accurate gauge if you aren't careful with your fingers.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
I was all set to buy that Lezyne last summer but a guy I know at the shop (large place, sells all brands of pumps) said that after owning the Lezyne and the JoeBlow, he recommended the topeak joeblow overall. so for $50 I went that route & have been happy with it incl tubeless seating.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
My biggest complaint with the Lezyne floor pump is that you can easily hit the bleed valve when unscrewing the threaded valve. Kinda offsets the accurate gauge if you aren't careful with your fingers.
If you are inflating a presta valve then you should hit the bleed valve before unthreading the chuck - this just bleeds the air in the hose and allows easier removal of the chuck. If it is a Schrader valve then yeah, you are losing air from the tube if you hit the bleed valve.