Quantcast

LG1+ - Can someone measure a few things for me?

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
I'd like to fit an LG1+ (the new one) to my big bike but it's going to be a bit tight and I'd like some measurements before I shell out 115 quid on it.

Could someone measure the following:-

1. Looking from the top , the distance right to left from the centre of the chainring to the left of the boomerang or whatever is furthest to chainside.

2. Looking from the drive side, the distance from the centre of the cranks to the top of the plastic when the top guide is in the 38T position.

3. Looking from the drive side, the distance from the centre of the cranks to the top of the boomerang if it's higher than the above.

In case anyone's wondering why I'm asking, it's because it's to go on THIS and it was never designed to use an aftermarket chain device. Even though there's nothing really wrong with the original I want to fit something a bit quieter (the aluminium top guide is starting to do my swede in) :D

Cheers in advance

Gaz

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Gaz,
Let me break out my calipers and I'll get back to you momentarily. ;) Most of the time the spacing is dependant on your crankset, chainring step, etc...but I'll see what I can do.

*UPDATE*
1. Looking from the top , the distance right to left from the centre of the chainring to the left of the boomerang or whatever is furthest to chainside
12.05mm as long as the chainring is DEAD center.

2. Looking from the drive side, the distance from the centre of the cranks to the top of the plastic when the top guide is in the 38T position.
106.05mm from Center to the ridge behind the top bolt. Add 3mm because the backplate sticks up slightly more. The backplate is also 5mm thick.

3. Looking from the drive side, the distance from the centre of the cranks to the top of the boomerang if it's higher than the above.
Ah, dang I got that above.

If you need anything else, feel free to email. Of course, the 32-36T version sticks up a bit less.

*Edit #3...I like pictures*

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Last edited:

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
Thanks Phil that was just the info I needed.

Just out of interest, how much shorter is the 32-36 backplate? I'm pretty sure I want the bigger version as the single pivot is fairly high (I think it was originally designed around a 40T) and I don't want to ruin the bike with pedal feedback and I'm fairly happy running a 38T. Don't suppose there's any chance a 38 will fit on the smaller guide is there?