Quantcast

lg1+ on 2009 sx trail?

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
I just ordered the lg1+ for my sx trail and im running a single 33t chainring up front with stylo cranks. I installed it today and the only way to get it to line up correctly is with all 9 spacers (3 to each bolt). Is this correct? I feel like that is alot of spacers just to get it to line up correctly. Anyone else use all the spacers or have an lg1+ on their sx trail?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
I just ordered the lg1+ for my sx trail and im running a single 33t chainring up front with stylo cranks. I installed it today and the only way to get it to line up correctly is with all 9 spacers (3 to each bolt). Is this correct? I feel like that is alot of spacers just to get it to line up correctly. Anyone else use all the spacers or have an lg1+ on their sx trail?
Hi Brandon,
I've found that the ISCG-OLD tabs on some Specialized rigs are recessed more than the recommended 2.5mm...in some cases up to 3.7mm. With a normal 50mm CL crankset, it isn't uncommon to use a single gold or black spacer. Truvativ runs a claimed 51mm CL, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had to use all the spacers to push the guide out. I've run across a few Demo8's at the races with ISCG-OLD tabs pushed back pretty far, requiring a similar setup.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/the Hive :nerd:

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
Thanks Philip for getting back to me so fast. I took it for a ride today and everything spins smooth. The chainline is perfect with all spacers thanks again for your help.