Quantcast

Life is being a pain in the arse again...(warning another JMAC rant)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Where to start?? Well I seem to have chronic hives. Thats on top of asthma I've had all my life. Basically I get hives for no reason at all some messed up auto immune sydrome. SO everyday for almost the last 4 weeks now I have massive hives from head to toes (litterally). So itchy that I now have scraps everywhere, I'm a total mess and so far no doctor has been much help. Maybe a new allergist wiill help next week.

Other than that I lost my cell phone the other day with 80 phone #s in it that I don't have writing down anywhere else. Stupid on my part but a real pain in the arse cause Telus won;t let me change anything on my contract without my mom, seeing as I'm not 18 and my mom won;t be home for 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

On top of all that, still can't run or do much else cause I have a broken leg. :dead:

Rant over for now....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Smoke a bowl. Oh wait,you're under 18... scratch that.

I had some stress isues when I was in high school. Saw a therapist and worked through the stress and all better. Maybe you should talk to someone impartial like a therapist. You do sound stressed out, and stress can cause some weird things to happen to your body. Just a thought. I hope you feel better soon!

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
ALEXIS_DH said:
have you discovered the wonders of anti-depressants???

wtf is up with people these days? like half of the people at my school are taking 'bars' or caffien pills or something. i think those bars are really zolofts... :nope:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Music helps allot. When im stressed i just turn on Thievory Corporation. They mellow me out allot. And you might want to combo it with Ciarins advice as well. :thumb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
McT said:
wtf is up with people these days? like half of the people at my school are taking 'bars' or caffien pills or something. i think those bars are really zolofts... :nope:
i think antidepressants are a basic need when living in the US. probably has to do with the lifestyle.

i dont take them anymore, but i HAD TO when i lived in the US.

plus, whats wrong with them?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Life can be much worse. Suck it the hell up. You didn't get your lower legs blown off and your belly split open by an IED and die 18 hours later while awake the entire time. Be thankful for what you've got.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Bullitrider said:
Ever try alternative medicine?
Yup I've been going for accupuncture, only gone once thus far. Didn't seem to do anything. One thing that was crazy was he, without known anything about me or anything immediatily pressed on the spot that is broken on my leg.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Thanks eveyone for the good thoughts. I don;t see how it could be stress, I am crazy stressed but I just got off spring break.....and had them rigth through that .

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
JMAC said:
Yup I've been going for accupuncture, only gone once thus far. Didn't seem to do anything. One thing that was crazy was he, without known anything about me or anything immediatily pressed on the spot that is broken on my leg.
You need to go to acupuncture at least 3-4 times before you see any real benefits.

Stress can do crazy weird things. Depends on your level of stress and what you are stressed about.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Jorvik said:
Life can be much worse. Suck it the hell up. You didn't get your lower legs blown off and your belly split open by an IED and die 18 hours later while awake the entire time. Be thankful for what you've got.

Yea, I agree with you a 110%. The kid needs to stop whining and grow a pair..........

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
stoney98 said:
Jmac-
You have no idea of how hard life can be. Not the slightest.
Try this:
1. You owe $600 in taxes because you had to take full wage for part of the year because you were not making enough to pay rent/eat/
2. You had to sell all of your bikes to pay for medical bills resulting from a bike accident
3. You owe $1200 in "use" tax on your car, which you can't get current registration in until paid and yours just expired.
4. You owe family members over $1200 they loaned you pay pay bills when you could not afford to eat.
5. You are stuck in a job that consumes minimun 60hrs a week, pays you below market wage for 40hrs, and comsumes so much time/energy that you can't get resume's out.
6. You want to get a new job, but aren't paid enough to afford the $50 hard drive you need for your computer to get it working again, nor the $9.95/month for online access (see modem)
7. You need new tires for your car: $400
8. Your car needs a 30K tuneup: $300
9. You aren't sure IF you can leave your job because you're in process with doctors looking at your knee which has damage to the meniscus and patela, and if you switch you wont be covered because it's a "pre-existing condition".
10. Your boss rains hell down on you everytime something bad happens in the office because they can't except personal fault.
11. You have no furniture in your apartment because your roommate moved out and she owned all the furniture.
12. You have bed bugs, need to buy a new bed and bedding, but have no money, so instead you have to sleep on the floor, and you still get bites.
13. you sold everything you owned that could be sold. You own nothing of vaule except you vehicle. Which is a replacement of the one your parents gave you as a gift for graduation from the hardest public institution in the country, because it was more fuel efficient.
14. Your "disposable income" ie anything not already paying bills/rent is $200/month. So you have no way to come up with the needed $1800 to pay taxes.

That's hard. I can't think of anything else right now, but that's been my life right now. What have you got that makes a little rich boy who's parents buy him Ti framed race bikes have that makes his life "a pain in the arse"? You don't know a pain in the ass until you haven't eaten for two days.

Your life is easy. Quit drinking coffee/caffine, breathe, and don't worry. You'll make it.

-stone

Ok well don;t try and call me a rich like boy. Where on earth did you get the idea my parents paid for my Ti race bike??? eh :nuts: dumbass I paid for that every ****ing penny. As I have with all my bikes, I take great offence when someome assumes that my parents pay for that. Don;t start assuming **** about me. Yes your life sounds very ****ty however there's something about having health problems versus money problems.....

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Yeah no matter how bad you think you have it, someone else has got it worse..

A real good friend of mine was hit by a drunk driver, and was messed up real bad. Dislocated hip, two weeks in the hospital and a year recovery time. He couldn't bathe himself for a long time. He had to quit school for a while. He's got a metal hip at 26. His credit is all messed up from the hospital bills and lawyer fees. Eventually he got a settlement from the guy that hit him so that helped a lot.

Not a month or two after he recovered, some guy that wasn't paying attention while driving hit my friend while he was out for a ride. Carved his face up from top to bottom. Not scrapes, but totally split his face right open. Lost a couple teeth. He just started the first of what's to be a couple sessions of plastic surgery.

Not a good year or two for him.

So whenever you think you have it bad, just think that someone else out there has it worse. Then you don't feel so bad as much anymore. At least that's what works for me.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Craw said:
Yeah no matter how bad you think you have it, someone else has got it worse..

A real good friend of mine was hit by a drunk driver, and was messed up real bad. Dislocated hip, two weeks in the hospital and a year recovery time. He couldn't bathe himself for a long time. He had to quit school for a while. He's got a metal hip at 26. His credit is all messed up from the hospital bills and lawyer fees. Eventually he got a settlement from the guy that hit him so that helped a lot.

Not a month or two after he recovered, some guy that wasn't paying attention while driving hit my friend while he was out for a ride. Carved his face up from top to bottom. Not scrapes, but totally split his face right open. Lost a couple teeth. He just started the first of what's to be a couple sessions of plastic surgery.

Not a good year or two for him.

So whenever you think you have it bad, just think that someone else out there has it worse. Then you don't feel so bad as much anymore. At least that's what works for me.
Thanks for that you're right. I just to often forget that cause I don;t personally know anyone like that that you do. However, the second part about getting hit while biking taht just scares me. :dead: Best of luck to your friend.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stoney98 said:
You might have paid for your bike, but you didn't pay for your food, utilities, rent, insurance, etc while you save up for your bike. Food for thought.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

stoney98 said:
You own nothing of vaule except you vehicle. Which is a replacement of the one your parents gave you as a gift for graduation

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
stoney98 said:
You might have paid for your bike, but you didn't pay for your food, utilities, rent, insurance, etc while you save up for your bike. Food for thought.

Oh and by the way, bed bugs, knee surgery, and payment of of $4000 in MEDICAL BILLS are are medical no matter how you want to look at it.

Hopefully you can cut the stress out of your life so you can get rid of the hives. But like I said, stop drinking coffee/caffine, it will allow your body to get back into a natural sleep cycle again (if you drink alot you will get horrible headaches, just push through it). Just getting a natural sleep cycle will allow you to reduce huge amounts of stress from your life. Also, cut all the extraneous crap out of your life. Get down to basics: school, training, sleep. Figure out those things THEN you can add things like social, etc. That will help you get a better grasp on your time limitations which will allow you to get better sleep (which again is a key part of stress reduction).

Best of luck.

Well true but I'm am 17 so I wouldn;t think I should pay for food.
Good advice, it just might be stress. I have alot of stress just from trying to get everything done but I also have a familly situation that adds a big stress on top. I hope I can get it sorted and good luck with all your debts and such.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
"Blah blah my life is harder than yours, no this dudes is, no mine is, no his is, no mine"

Meh. This thread is far too emo for my tastes.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I think the hives are stress related....I used to get them too, and this is in no way a woe is me post.

I used to break out on my arms right before I had to stand up in front of everyone in my unit and give a speech.

It's a good thing I wore long sleeves.

Other than that, it seems that I am the luckiest bastard on this thread.

I love my job.
Have no money problems (I make more money than I ever have)
Have no medical problems (I grind my teeth, and that's about it)
Have a great BF
Have two great doggies
Woke up today (there's something to be said for that very simple thing)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't understand this "stress" thing everyone is talking about. :confused:

Oh well. I hope everyone (jmac, stoney) gets themselves together. Everyone gets in a rut at one time or another. Eventually you work yourselves out of it. Be positive.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
What I'm wondering is can hives that are literally covering my entire body really be caused by stress? I can see it could be caused by stress if I just had a small patch or something. I guess maybe it could be an allergy that was brought on or agrevated by stress. They do seem to be getting ever so slightly better so i have my fingers crossed.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Hives probably affect about 20 percent of people in the United States at some time in life, with the greatest number of episodes occurring in people aged 20 to 30. In rare cases, allergic reactions that trigger hives set off a chain reaction throughout the body, resulting in a life-threatening condition called anaphylaxis. Sometimes, hives last for six weeks or more, a condition called chronic (or idiopathic) urticaria. Often, no cause is found for this chronic condition, and it usually goes away on its own after several weeks.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/24602/21826/211155.html?d=dmtHealthAZ

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have horrible exhama(sp?) on my arms, back of my legs and sometimes back that is very stress and diet orintated. I say check out accupuncture as recomended, works wonders when im breaking out. yea you have no idea what having it bad is like (neither do I by any means) I know kids who litterally have the cloths on there back and are working 3 jobs and attending school and can barely survive

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Wumpus said:
Hives probably affect about 20 percent of people in the United States at some time in life, with the greatest number of episodes occurring in people aged 20 to 30. In rare cases, allergic reactions that trigger hives set off a chain reaction throughout the body, resulting in a life-threatening condition called anaphylaxis. Sometimes, hives last for six weeks or more, a condition called chronic (or idiopathic) urticaria. Often, no cause is found for this chronic condition, and it usually goes away on its own after several weeks.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/24602/21826/211155.html?d=dmtHealthAZ
I had already found and read that. Thanks for taking the time to look into it though. I think I prolly have chronic hives and they do seem to be getting better. Today I had to stop taking allergy meds cause I'm going to see an allergist on tuesday. No big difference in the amount of them and at least my legs and face has been ok today. :dead: :(

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
dexter said:
i have horrible exhama(sp?) on my arms, back of my legs and sometimes back that is very stress and diet orintated. I say check out accupuncture as recomended, works wonders when im breaking out. yea you have no idea what having it bad is like (neither do I by any means) I know kids who litterally have the cloths on there back and are working 3 jobs and attending school and can barely survive
Yeah but it's rough when you're 17, all your friends and familly never get health problems and here I am. No it's not the worst thing in the world but it's damned annoying and I'm jelous of anyone without hives right now. Going for my second time to accupuncture on monday.