Quantcast

Lift assisted DH riding in Idaho?

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Long story, but my cousin needs to pick some stuff up from a place called Baker City, Oregon (some little town close to the ID border). He lost his license awhile back, so I am being nice and giving him a ride. I figured maybe we could make a trip out of it and do some Idaho riding, but the only places I can find are Silver Mt. and Schweitzer. Since both of those places are 300+ miles away I don't see that happening. Are there any lift assisted places any closer (Boise area maybe)?

I am not interested in XC or shuttling really...just lift assisted DH at the moment (Whistler destroyed my Enduro, the V10 is the only bike that works right now).

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Ok as soon as I posted I found something...Tamarack resort. So, if there are others out there please let me know. To add to the question, is Tamarack worth the drive? It would still be an extra 300+ miles round trip added to an already pretty long trip out to east oregon.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Brundage is just up the road from Tamarack so you could hit both of them.

Dont know if you are into other diversions but if you do that drive, the beaches along the Salmon river are fantastic and a welcome stop when it gets to be 100 along that drive. Also, dunno if you do XC riding but the XC riding in the McCall/Cascade area is terrific. There are the hot springsat Burgdorf and along the payette on the way out towards Baker City, and the best home made ice cream in the work in downtown McCall. Oh, don't forget the 30' cliffs on Payette Lake that you can jump off...

Bogus Basin is the ski area out of Boise. There's lots of trails there too, but I do not think they run lift serve.

gg

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
geargrrl said:
Brundage is just up the road from Tamarack so you could hit both of them.

Dont know if you are into other diversions but if you do that drive, the beaches along the Salmon river are fantastic and a welcome stop when it gets to be 100 along that drive. Also, dunno if you do XC riding but the XC riding in the McCall/Cascade area is terrific. There are the hot springsat Burgdorf and along the payette on the way out towards Baker City, and the best home made ice cream in the work in downtown McCall. Oh, don't forget the 30' cliffs on Payette Lake that you can jump off...

Bogus Basin is the ski area out of Boise. There's lots of trails there too, but I do not think they run lift serve.

gg
Thanks for the info. I am not opposed to XC, but since my V10 is the only bike that is up and running at the moment I don't have much choice :)

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
there are many singletracks if you go to some boise shops they can give you maps of all the singles you would want. they are spread out a bit so you might have to make a drive but the ones I went on were perfect.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Hey-
I'm on vacation in Idaho right now, in a lake town called Priest Lake/Priest River

Strange, but there is a little general store up the way called the Tamarak.... anyone else heard of riding in this area?

i rode a dirtbike trail earlier on my p1 that was pretty tight and fast with lots of bermed corners-- anything else in the area?

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Last time I was at tammarcak it sucked bad! a dj park and maybe a half mile long trial your had to ride up. got boardin like 3 hours Silver has a couple sick trails they are stupid fast and after the race this weekend there are new jumps there up top. The resort does kaiter to the upper 20% of riders, biggeners and low level intermediate riders will be disapointed and or injured. Go to silver is my advice crazy fast and a 15 to 45 minute decent depending on your level with about 6 different trail option on the top 2/3rds of the mountain.

gravityworx

Chimp
Mar 20, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I just did a google search on Boise area DH riding and this thread came out on top.
There is a new shuttle service here that will trake you up to Bogus Basin, Eagelson Summit, or several drops from Camels Back to the 8th St. ORV Park.
Flexable drop locations and times.
Call 208-559-1689 or E-Mail darin@gravityworxracing.com for more info.

We don't have the lift assisted riding here in town so much (Brundage up in McCall is good for that since Tamarack shut down last week) but the shuttle service is a good option.

keener1830

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Tukwila, WA
I have family in caldwell, ID so I spend some time there and was talking to some guys in a little shop in bosie that had some cool shuttle stuff to ride never got a chance to ride it. Funny thing I also have family in baker, OR. And the ID border is 2 hrs from baker and at least another 1 hr from there till bosie where there is bogus basin. If you really want some cool stuff head for sun valley but that is at least a 4-5 hour drive from baker and there is still lots of snow in the whole area right now. Trust me I grew up in a town you will have to drive through called LaGrande. Good luck with the trip

edirtbag

Chimp
Mar 14, 2009
If you decide to go to Tamarack I would call first. It definitely has some nice runs but I read an article in seattle times a couple of weeks ago that Tamarack closed down/bankrupt.

Roo

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Vanconver, WA
you can always hit up the dh and fr stuff at the eagle bike park. its in eagle off of old horseshoe bend road. there are a few dh runs, you have to hike up and but its not a very long hike and the trails are a blast. they have some dj lines also and the freeride stuff is fun. its right outside of boise. look it up. i promise you won't regret it.

if you need directions or more info call up Reed's Cycles in Eagle. (google them)