Quantcast

Light, wide 24 inch tires?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
trail tires in 24 that aren't super crazy heavy. what is there and where can I get them?

thanks!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
This is what I'm running now. But they came on a complete. I don't really want to buy a whole bike each time I need new tires. :D
Do they sell them aftermarket?
They were hard to get, last time I checked. I got the guys at my LBS to let me swap the tires off of one of their completes. :thumb:
Searching just now, I found this: http://roysbikes.com/product/specialized-rhythm-lite-tire-24-inch-78092-1.htm
Doesn't look like they ship them, though...
Most places are "in store pickup only".

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
This is what I'm running now. But they came on a complete. I don't really want to buy a whole bike each time I need new tires. :D

Do they sell them aftermarket?
I got mine last year. Ordered them at the lbs and mounted them 3 days later.

I can check availability for you

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Ditto on the table top. 500 grams and they don't explode like the khe's. I have had the 20, 24 and 26 khe on runaway and hazard rims. They all eventually exploded.

Been running the table top for almost 4 years now with zero problems.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I had a KHE explode on me before I ever used it!
I put it on my bike and went to sleep. Woke up when I heard a loud BANG! and when I got up in the morning my bike was laying on the floor with the tire totally SHREDDED. There was rubber stuck in my spokes. The bead on the KHE had totally blown out. Worthless.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
one of the bike shops can get the specialized tires for 35 bucks. I might go that route. they are around 510 grams. not bad....

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Had a Rhythm Lite explode on me a few days ago. Heat, the tire being a bit big for the rim, and the kevlar bead = bad. Blew right off the rim and my tube popping sounded really loud.
I replaced it with another rhythm lite - this time with a wire bead though.

Last edited:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Schwalbe table tops are my favorite light tire and the 2.25s are super wide. I've been on a heavy tire kick lately, though... I just love the feeling of that rotating mass in the air.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
It took me one month to get those tires (specialized) from the dealer. another frieind ordered from a different shop and it's been six weeks, still no tires. crazy.