Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Specs from ride-this.com:
clamp dia.: 31.8mm
width: 777mm
sweep: 10 deg
color: grey
weight: 225g

That is probably the closest you are going to get to what you want.

Also, let me get this straight. You are counting grams of a handlebar on an all mountain bike... Which just so happens to have a coil shock with steel spring, hammerschmidt, chunky railed saddle, 2.5" dual-ply dh tires and unnecessary 8 ball valve caps (theres 10-15g of rotational weight right there)? We are probably talking a 100g (0.220462 lb) range on an easily 35lb bike (0.6% of the overall weight). I say go with what fits the bill as far as size, sweep and budget... Grams are a borderline lost cause at this point. Color may actually be more important based on the amount of stoke gained from having snazzy bars.

Well, to each their own. Good luck.

NOTE: It is Friday and I don't want to be at work.
I was just suggesting the bar as an option to the guy, I didn't say I WAS GRAM counting at all, read!

I don't buy anything based on weight as my first criteria period, this bar for me are about comfort and control width,durability not weight that is a bonus but until you said it I din not even know the weight!

The thread TITLE

Asked for a lightest bar and sweep, HELLO :D

Just liked the sweep and width, I'm def no weight weenie and its on my DH bike.

Just saying, if weight saved sweet, but no biggie for me. I'm going downhill not XCing lycra clad roadie :thumb:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Guys, I think we've forgotten trial bicycles' handlebars.
They are wide. They quite light. I've found 740mm 265g (claimed) aluminum bar, so far.
Thay have nice sweeps.
They can be abused, coz trial stunts are crazy sometimes, i.e. see MacAskill.
They are quite cheap.
Brands are: Echo, Trialtech, etc.