Quantcast

Lightweight race build spec, made in USA?

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I thought most of the parts for Fox forks were made in USA......there was that video made by the Transition race team touring the Fox factory.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
That bar with the bentds at the grips has the sickest handlebar name ever! GNAR BAR! Too bad it has the goofy bends...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yes it is....

"Hand Built in Fletcher, NC

Every Double Barrel shock is hand-built in the Cane Creek factory and dyno checked to ensure the highest level of performance and quality control."
You go bill mays hays!!! order now and we'll throw in 2 towels to wipe your shock off free, this is regularly a $20 value that we will throw in in the next 5 minutes but order now malcom is standing by!!!!

;)

Good shocks definently and good company...

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
What's the frame gonna be?

Just kidding.

I'm planning something custom. Built in USA with USA drawn steel...

But I was also just interested in what products are still made around here. Not necessarily because I'm overly patriotic, more because local manufacturing is best for the economy and environment. The USA has built some of the most awesome stuff in the world because we were a science, engineering and manufacturing leader at one time. It saddens me to see that is really no longer the case, with a few exceptions. And now our economy is paying.

PS - And I completely understand why everything is outsourced, no need to explain folks.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Good find. Interesting: "we do not ship our production to offshore countries."

I'm curious now, so I e-mailed them to ask.
That claim is dubious at best. Their pedals are clearly Wellgos. Perhaps they do some post-production machine work on them, but I'd hardly call that Made in North America or Canada. Which brings up the general Made in NA and Assembled in NA question. Lots of stuff is assembled here from foreign parts.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Good find. Interesting: "we do not ship our production to offshore countries."

I'm curious now, so I e-mailed them to ask.
Let me/us know what you find out. I have one of their rings and it's been superb. I'd buy their bars in a heartbeat if they were made in NA. I need new ones and the RF ones were going to be it.

I wouldn't hesitate to run arrow FRX rims on a bike, but they aren't quite as wide as the competition. I have heard from a reliable source that Fox lowers were made in the US, unless I'm mistaken. Don't know about the rest of the parts.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Let me/us know what you find out. I have one of their rings and it's been superb. I'd buy their bars in a heartbeat if they were made in NA. I need new ones and the RF ones were going to be it.

I wouldn't hesitate to run arrow FRX rims on a bike, but they aren't quite as wide as the competition. I have heard from a reliable source that Fox lowers were made in the US, unless I'm mistaken. Don't know about the rest of the parts.
Here you go:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/112170395/Fox_Racing_Shox_36_Talas_RC2.html

Order direct and save hundreds!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Heck yeah, eh!

Still waiting on my immigration paperwork to clear, but I've been on board working remotely since August and should be settled up there in a couple of weeks. I'm excited because I've heard there are a couple of decent trails in the area.

--JP
Congratulation - Race Face is one of the original companies I have always liked and BC what a great place to move to. Really the only other place I would move to from NYC. When can I fly out so we can discuss some online marketing initiatives :)