Quantcast

Lil' Manimal teaser vid...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
x-post from lounge.

Just thought i'd throw together a quick teaser for the vid i'm working on. it covers him from 6 years old through his recent birthday stuff.

youtube version is really crappy resolution, the freeridesouth version is a little higher quality.

youtube:

freeridesouth:

http://freeridesouth.com/video/showV...frsvid1141.wmv

(if for some reason the FRS link doesn't work, just go to freeridesouth.com, click the video link and look for file # frsvid1141)

PITA

Chimp
Nov 10, 2003
Bellevue, WA
how did you customize his bike when he was younger? my son is 5 and rides a redline pit boss and we just got him a kona shred 2-0. the kona is a little big for him, so i was curious if you have any suggestions on things that make the bike more comfortable.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
how did you customize his bike when he was younger? my son is 5 and rides a redline pit boss and we just got him a kona shred 2-0. the kona is a little big for him, so i was curious if you have any suggestions on things that make the bike more comfortable.
wow, your son must be normal size to be able to fit on a 20 at 5 ;) noah is only 38lbs now and was way less at 5 yrs old...a 20" wasn't even an option back then. he rode a heavily modded 16" huffy for a while (the yellow bike in the vid). i put mtb h-bars on it to drop the front end a bit, rigged a quick release seatpost clamp so he could adjust the seat height for different styles of riding and put some burlier wheels on it that i took off of his 16" haro that was, until now, too big for him.
that kona shred is a sick ride and i'm looking at getting that for noah next season but his current setup is pretty sick. 20" specialized hotrock frame, full size manitou sx fork w/ only the assist springs left in it (super plush), handbuilt wheels by mike at cycletherapy, road stem and the smallest brake lever i could find. the monster fork raises the standover height a little but makes such a huge difference on the stuff he rides in comparison to the crappy forks that usually accompany kids bikes.
good luck with getting him going...sounds like you're on the right track with equipment :thumb:

PITA

Chimp
Nov 10, 2003
Bellevue, WA
how old is noah now?

my son can just pedal the shred, so he really needs an inch or two in his legs to enable more dh stuff. however, i really liked the bike geometry and brakes. overall the bike seems great except for the front fork, which is too stiff.

based on the video, your son is definitely pushing the envelope more than most kids, including my son.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
how old is noah now?

my son can just pedal the shred, so he really needs an inch or two in his legs to enable more dh stuff. however, i really liked the bike geometry and brakes. overall the bike seems great except for the front fork, which is too stiff.

based on the video, your son is definitely pushing the envelope more than most kids, including my son.

he just turned 7 this month and yes, the oem forks on most kid bikes are so stiff that they're pretty much worthless.