Quantcast

Lingerie used with former significant others... Fair game, or taboo?

Lingerie from previous relationships: weird, or not?

• I'm a guy. It's weird.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • I'm a girl. It's weird.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I'm a guy and lingerie is ALWAYS good.

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • I'm a girl and I've got no problem with it.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • What's "lingerie"?

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
I like the part about dating 15 year old virgins
sorry echo your gonna have to go younger. theres alot of 15 yr olds who are no where near virgins. kinda sad actually . i have mega respect for the girls that actually have dignity. most of em round here lose it in 8th grade at a party to a senior or when their freshmen.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
binary visions said:
It's a little more complicated than that.

The quick rundown is: she remained friends with the ex for a long time after they broke up. She has a bunch of stuff at his house, including some fairly valuable school textbooks and such, that she hasn't bothered getting back since she's still remained friends with him.

Now, she's dating someone (almost a year and a half later), he's all freaked out and won't talk to her, and he wants her stuff out of his house, so a mutual friend (who the phone conversation was with) was given a list of the stuff he had to retrieve it. The lingerie was just one of the things (it's a little short silk .. err, babydoll? Is that what they're called? Like a nightgown only super short with little straps) that she listed off that he had. That's where the conversation commenced.

Incidentally, I'd suggest that jewelery is more personal than the lingerie, and has many more implications of the romantic side of the relationship which I could see as being more uncomfortable than just underwear.
weird, i didn't see half these posts here before...

so it's this ex that wants her to get her stuff out? (oh, by the way, it's called a teddy, the little nightgown thing) so this whole thing's not really about lingerie, right, cause it was just an insignificant part of the complete list of items he had? why doesn't he just throw it in a box and either mail it, drop it off or have her come get it? what a weirdo, sorry you have to deal with his dumb a** and i hope he doesn't start pulling other schnit...

hmmm..yeah, that jewelry one is a toughy. i guess it would have to depend on it's significance, like a engagement/wedding ring. i can see your point about it meaning more, i commend you for holding that in a higher status. but i also chalk up the difference to lingerie being something a little more private, cause it's not like chix walk around with pearl thongs hanging from their wrists to accessorize..

.....and *yes* i know all the boys think they should so let me spare them the trouble of bringing that point to my attention ;)

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
So does that mean if I buy you something, you will come to FL and make Biggins jealous? :cool: :love: :cool:
yup. if you buy me a plane ticket and book accomodations at the marriott down there, i'll totally send biggins the stub from disney world.

he'll be so jealous! :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Megan Black said:
so it's this ex that wants her to get her stuff out? (oh, by the way, it's called a teddy, the little nightgown thing) so this whole thing's not really about lingerie, right, cause it was just an insignificant part of the complete list of items he had? why doesn't he just throw it in a box and either mail it, drop it off or have her come get it? what a weirdo, sorry you have to deal with his dumb a** and i hope he doesn't start pulling other schnit...
I'm not sure why. Nor am I sure why, a year and a half after he dumped her, he's all of a sudden bothered by the fact that she started dating someone. Especially considering he dated someone in the meantime. :rolleyes:

But yes, you're correct, the lingerie is really not important to the whole issue, it was more of an interesting (well, I thought it was interesting anyway) discussion point than an actual problem.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
I'm not sure why. Nor am I sure why, a year and a half after he dumped her, he's all of a sudden bothered by the fact that she started dating someone. Especially considering he dated someone in the meantime. :rolleyes:
Because men are, generally speaking, complete morons when it comes to ex-gf's.

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
And, at the end of the day, the poll results are in:

34% of you think it's weird.
57% of you think it's fine.

...and 9% of you don't know how to use Google, or a dictionary.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
SkaredShtles said:
Because men are, generally speaking, complete morons when it comes to ex-gf's.

-S.S.-
ahahaha! that totally reminded me of one ex of mine. after HE broke up with ME and i thought we decided it was on good, friendly terms, he'd send me random emails saying something like, "my friend saw you and some guy on this bike trail. so i guess you're dating someone now, i'll leave you alone"

it was like everything i said meant that i was seeing someone. when i told him the story of my car breaking down at 2:30 am he goes, "well, i figured since you said it was 2:30 in the morning that you were with your boyfriend.."

wtf!??

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Me ex, when she moved out she left some lingerie.........I wonder if she thought I'd have someone else wear it??

9 months after we broke up, she mailed a pair of diamond earings that I gave her one xmas, no note, just the earings

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
In my experience......

An ex bought me a beautiful gold necklace, I only wore it when I was with him.... I still have it, but I do not wear it

Another ex bought me an absolutely gorgeous black satin set from Victoria's Secret (robe, shoes, thong, chemise).............as soon as we were over, the set was chucked

Another ex got me a beautiful platinum ring with princess cut diamond and 6 diamonds in the band...........relationship went sour, I ended up throwing it at him.

My current bf doesn't understand why I chuck things like that.....he kind of views it as a 'why should I buy this for you if we might break up and you'll just throw it away' sort of thing.

I'm not materialistic. I don't ask for these things. I really do appreciate the thought. Maybe it's just because these 'great' things which took a lot of work and time to give to me remind me of failure of relationship.

Buy me tools......I'll use them after the relationship is over.

Lingerie isn't exactly cheap, but it's not going to break the bank, and what could be more fun than going lingerie shopping with your current love? Get something you both want. No 'emotional' attachments to old silk, please.

BTW, Vicky's is currently having a sale................
Vicky's
:)