Quantcast

Literally blew fox shock body

i'm lost, please explain to me why there is sooo much crap-giving here on RM?

i guess originally he posted in the wrong forum, but does he deserve this shiat?

point out where i missed the cause please:p

but yeah, shocks arent meant to be used on certain bikes for certain things... if you love the drop, make the ladder taller and move it farther back, that will give you the same height but will most likely shoot you into the meat of the tranny... where shocks DONT get raped

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
Yea why am i getting **** all i want to know is the dhx5 going to be good or should i get another shot?

enjoydirt

Chimp
Sep 9, 2007
Seattle WA/ Monterey CA
Wow...
if trash talking on the internet made you a better rider we would have some world cup champions here.

Keep hitting those drops dude. Learn some tailwhips or something and then you'll be the one laughing.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Wow...
if trash talking on the internet made you a better rider we would have some world cup champions here.

Keep hitting those drops dude. Learn some tailwhips or something and then you'll be the one laughing.
Or he can slow down a little instead of overcooking the drop and land on the transition where the shock would not get killed, which you think he would have learned after the first time around.

Sep 12, 2004

get a new shock and call it a day. a dhx 5.0 will be fine. there are tons of riders that do way bigger stunts and they havent had theirs blow up. done deal

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
Alright dhx5 it is. Thats all i wanted to know.... this is the exact frame i land Just think the wheels are 2'2" me crumpled up in the still is 5' seriously u guys have no sense of measure You guys are seriously retarded do the math

Im only going on about the height because of the people who think its 8 feet there just plain stupid

It's 8 in real feet, 14 feet if you over cook the drop and bottom out and destroy your rear shock in hack mode.
yes

this reminds me of my arguments in the "drops to flat" thread...
i claimed 12' to flat, people looked at the drop, said 8', but what i was REALLY talking about was the 12' drop i did to flat, or to where i landed... not about how big the drop is supposed to be in order to land in the meat and make it right...
been there, been hassled with that...

DHX 5 is definitley a good bet for a reliable shock... but if youre like me and can barely scrape together money(i know what its like being 16... i AM 16... i went through this exact crap when i just turned 15...), i would say try for a Romic! they are awesome shocks and are very cheap(used)- mine lasted me two years straight of hucking, bashing, and DH before it gave me any problems... all thats wrong with it now is that the compression has essentially no effect... but everything else still works

Dasquriel

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
8 feet youd hadve to roll off at 1mph and land staright down from the end of the ladder 14 if you do what i did prolly 10 where you want to be

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
10 is probably where you'd want to be and I correct myself speed was fine, you probably would have been fine if you didn't preload as much before dropping and would have landed at 10'. 2' is not much of a difference when you think about it. Less preload, less lofting.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
wow I just killed a bunch of brain cells by reading this thread
but besides that
I've done dumb drops to flat, and not blown my shock, maybe your a fatass :) aha jk really though
buy a dhx 3 4 or 5 and you'll be fine, or whatever you can get a hold of cheap, learn how to do drops and everything will be just dandy

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
You mean 17year old girls for this 16year old that's only mtbd for a month you douche
Props for trying the jump, but what people are trying to say is that there are better ways to hit a drop like this. Most likely it had nothing to do with the equipment and more to do with you lack of understand for how to jump smooth.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I've been on that drop in carlmont before. It's not really ment to be hit at a million miles per hour, you have to go kinda slow. Yes, a dhx is a good shock, but continously over shooting landings and bottoming out hard will break any shock, not just a vanilla.

Sure, you just did 14ft off an 8 ft. drop, but so what? If I pedal hard enough, I can get 20 ft out of a 15 ft. double. You can't call it a 20 ft double just cause you completely missed the landing by 5 ft. and landed to flat.

That was my attempt to bring some actual logic back to this thread.... and I'm bored @ work.