Quantcast

Little Ripper goes down at flowpark

LongGoneLong

Chimp
Apr 8, 2007
Enumclaw
On saturday I decided to go to sea tac with my Mom, Brother, And good friend. My Bro was trying a new drop when he slipped a petal, I walked up to him because i was stoked that he did the drop. He sat down and started to pull up his pantleg because he said that his shin hurt. I helped get his pantleg up only to discover a sick gash. We laid him back and EvilBob kept him calm. The ambulance came and we got him the ER. Here's some pics

Attachments

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Got that little guy some knee pads. Heal up!

Whistler bibs?? or did you do that again somewhere else?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
thats exactly what happen to my leg when my trail pedals got me *the crap ones on XC bikes, cuz I was on my XC bike* only mine was a clean cut that took all the skin/fat right off and in a perfect circle (about 1.5" around)...but in the same location as that.

Difference is, I pulled out my first aid kid when I saw it...fixed my self up, asked a friend for a ride to the clinic and told my mom to meet me there...then I waited for 30min. with my leg bleeding with the bandages I put on (they wouldnt give me any without my mom) and then got 20stiches in the shape of a "V"

My bad for spacing and telling my own little story, props to the kid though, its important not to be to horribly upset on injurys and just keep moving on.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Oh man, healing vibes to your bro. Both your pics and Bibs' remind me of when I laid open my ankle on my big ring during a failed bunnyhop, bad times! Nothing like looking down at a wound and thinking, "Now where is the nearest ER?"

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Cory's pic isn't quite as nasty as being the next person down the hill after he laid it out. I was trying to not look mortified, but I don't know if I played it off too well. *shuddering just thinking back on that one*

Back on topic...
Cole was definitely a trooper. It's a bummer it had to conclude that way, otherwise it was a riot rippin' w/ both of you (cool to see your mom getting stoked on it all as well), Evilbob (who did a top-notch job of keeping Cole calm - I'd probably freak if I saw my leg tore up like that), Daryl and his crew, Pip and Chavez and a good handful of others. Everybody was definitely stepping it up out there.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Heal up little dude! :D
I dont get why someone called 911 for this? Highline hospital is less than 10 minutes away!
You have experience with injuries like this and you know exactly where the hospital is. There was much more to think about in this case than the pictures would indicate. Everyone who was there did exactly what they should have done given all of the facts of the moment. The main thing is he is fine and will be riding again, but with more armore. Super supportive family and friends, we will be seeing this kid out again, oh and his brother was going hugh on Sat. too. Watch out these kids rip.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm actually lucky I didn't succumb to the same fate. I went out there that day w/ just a skate lid and no pads on, thinking I was just going to roll mellow. Turns out that I lied to myself - I was riding like a man possessed. Luckily I didn't suffer because of it.