Quantcast

Little Town Lake drop (austin)

tittyjesus

Chimp
Jan 1, 2002
Austin, Tx
On the northside of town lake trail even with Red River, there's a small rock wall. Only 3-4 feet into tranny, and 5.5 to flat. I've been riding it for 2 years now. Two days ago some one place 3 good sized logs in path of drop. I saw the first two, moved one out of the way, and jumped over the first one. The third one got me. It was hidden well in the tall grass, about ten feet long, and I hit it pretty fast. God bless the Monster T. If you hit this drop look first.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
titty, what kind of bike do you ride? curious b/c I saw some dudes with BIG bikes at City Park on Monday evening.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Originally posted by downhil
i have a BIG bike
Is your BIG bike an RM6 or a Kona Something Something? I wouldn't mind riding one of those kinda bikes at City Park. The climbing would suck, but the downhills... mmmmm.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
no, its a dominatrax. its in pieces right now. there used to be a rm6 around austin, but raymond sold it.

tittyjesus

Chimp
Jan 1, 2002
Austin, Tx
Originally posted by toonces
titty, what kind of bike do you ride? curious b/c I saw some dudes with BIG bikes at City Park on Monday evening.
I ride a Bullit with Avalanche and Monsters. I wasn't at City Park
on Monday.

tittyjesus

Chimp
Jan 1, 2002
Austin, Tx
Originally posted by downhil
no, its a dominatrax. its in pieces right now. there used to be a rm6 around austin, but raymond sold it.
Were you at the greenbelt, when Shane did that sick drop? If so we've met once. Sorry to hearabout your bike.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
i dont really hang out at the greenbelt too much. the bike is fine, i just took all the pieces off to build up a tazer.

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
no the guy with the domi' that day lives up in denton. his name is Sean. thanks for givin' me props on the drop. hey do you have an extra front wheel with a 20mm axel. let me know if you do i need one really bad. 698 7675 is my number.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Out of curiosity, what's this drop on the Greenbelt? I remember hearing about someone that dropped off a bridge or something off the Greenbelt that was 30 feet or something. The only high bridge I ever saw was the concrete bridge off one of the side trails. Is that it? Any pics?

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
the green belt drop is located at the "little moab" area. the trail takes a split at the beggining of the area if you're going upstream. if you go left at the split you go up a steep hardpack sandy climb. if you go straight you go into the "l.m." area. the trail is slick rock limestone for about 100 yards or so with some small domes in it. the drop is to your right on the beggining of that area. there is a seven foot vertical wall that falls into a short steep hill. if you dont' slam the brakes you will fly of into the wash(full of water right now). you drop 15 feet of air time, but top to bottom the drop is 25 feet or so. check it out. I'm not sure that anyone else has done it besides myself, but i don't know all the freeriders in town.

peace,
mcdurly1