Quantcast

Little weekend trip to SoCal.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
So Stoney98 and I decided to head down to Laguna this weekend to do some riding. We left Friday afternoon and bought both our DH and DJ bikes. The plan was to do some DH runs in Laguna and then hit the Lake Forest trails.

Saturday morning we got up early, called -BB- and met up with him for some shuttle runs. -BB- offered to do the first shuttle, so Stoney and I did the first run. Unfortunately half way down my front brake went tits up, which caused me to eat good powdery SoCal dirt! I was pretty pissed...my Goodridge line was leaking at the lever :dead:

Since I had no front brake I decided to do the shuttles and simply ride the HT at Lake Forest later. While loading the bikes we notice that -BB- pivots on his V10 has tons of play! :confused: Not having the proper tools to take the cranks off (since you need to do that to access the main pivot bolts) we drove Stoney and this cool local rider we met there (Eric) so they could do a few runs.

We then headed out to -BB-'s place so he could pick up his HT, then if was off to Stoney's so he could finish assembling his yeti, which was missing some parts, so he ended up riding the Giant at the DJ trail.

Man Lake Forest is a BLAST!!! wow..that place is so much fun. We rode there most of the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday morning before heading back to the Bay Area! took me a while to build up the confidence to hit the jumps, but once I did I didn't want to stop/leave...Mark was throwing some nice whips and stylin' the jumps! -BB- was nice enough to take a few pics with my camera:

Here are a few of Mark:

BRRAP!!:

Here are a few fo me:

The trails down in SoCal are frekkin' fun! I'm going to have to plan more trips down there this summer! Since I only got to do one DH run it's pretty much a must. It also feels good to have to cajones to DJ again, it's so much fun!

And what better way to finish a great day of riding - Beers with good friends!!
Mark (Stoney98) and Jeff (-BB-)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Luc forgot to mention that as we pulled up to the DJ spot we saw Brian Lopes and his crew.

There would have been some shots of me there, but these shots were on the third of three sucessivly bigger jumps in one set.
I could barely clear the first.:dead:

My overall impression of Luc and Stone's dj'n is that Stone has tons of style, and luc is smooth as he11.
Me? I take great pics ;)

Luc... can you post that one shot of stone where he is almost off the top of the frame, and the one of you X-in up? Those were the best shots IMO.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Sounds like you guys had fun, too bad you missed out on a kick ass DH race:rolleyes: Flakes:D

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by Acadian
So Stoney98 and I decided to head down to Laguna this weekend to do some riding. We left Friday afternoon and bought both our DH and DJ bikes. The plan was to do some DH runs in Laguna and then hit the Lake Forest trails.

Saturday morning we got up early, called -BB- and met up with him for some shuttle runs. -BB- offered to do the first shuttle, so Stoney and I did the first run. Unfortunately half way down my front brake went tits up, which caused me to eat good powdery SoCal dirt! I was pretty pissed...my Goodridge line was leaking at the lever :dead:

Since I had no front brake I decided to do the shuttles and simply ride the HT at Lake Forest later. While loading the bikes we notice that -BB- pivots on his V10 has tons of play! :confused: Not having the proper tools to take the cranks off (since you need to do that to access the main pivot bolts) we drove Stoney and this cool local rider we met there (Eric) so they could do a few runs.

We then headed out to -BB-'s place so he could pick up his HT, then if was off to Stoney's so he could finish assembling his yeti, which was missing some parts, so he ended up riding the Giant at the DJ trail.

Man Lake Forest is a BLAST!!! wow..that place is so much fun. We rode there most of the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday morning before heading back to the Bay Area! took me a while to build up the confidence to hit the jumps, but once I did I didn't want to stop/leave...Mark was throwing some nice whips and stylin' the jumps! -BB- was nice enough to take a few pics with my camera:

The trails down in SoCal are frekkin' fun! I'm going to have to plan more trips down there this summer! Since I only got to do one DH run it's pretty much a must. It also feels good to have to cajones to DJ again, it's so much fun!

[/IMG]
we must've just missed you at LF on Saturday. We were shooting some dj stuff of Andrew. Sorry to hear about the bike trouble. Ya shoulda contacted me for spare parts (I have extra brakes) and tools.

dondon

Monkey
stony and luc... next time you come down you gotta do it the right way.. I said to hook up with us after the Rads race and we could have shown you much more. The Bike co could have sorted all your mechanical needs on the spot and you would have been up and running again. But Sat was a bit hectic - with underground races .. MBUK photo shoots...with EC and Wardell and Dirts Rankin doing some filming and Needles getting his new Turner rail dialed in ..didnt take him long... (flipping within 5 minutes on his new bike for a shoot) what time did you leave LF - we got there @ 4pm ? Sunday was Fontucky for us with no practise its not a good thing with Team Madcatz, Giant, Intense and Haro ...

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
Speakin of MBUK and road trips, im thinking of trying to do an article on riding places purely arranged on't t'internet with the least expense possible/ppl ive never met.

Fly to the states, from airport to trails with one group of guys, visit their local stuff for a day or 2, then meet the next group at the last spot with group one, and gradually work my way along the country etc etc.

It needs some planning tho.

All volunteers for guides/floors welcome ;)

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by El Jefe
we must've just missed you at LF on Saturday. We were shooting some dj stuff of Andrew. Sorry to hear about the bike trouble. Ya shoulda contacted me for spare parts (I have extra brakes) and tools.
b/c I was there, we were destined not to meet.
;)

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Great to see you Jeff!! :thumb: and thanks for taking pics ;)

are these the shots you were talking about? one of kindda blurry tho!

No... these were the ones...
Too bad Luc's came out all blurry.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
we left around quarter to 4 I think...so we BARELY missed you guys :( Got to blame stoney...he was tired :rolleyes: ;)

next time we definitely have to hook up man! BTW...did SgtBrown got his rear wheel fixed?
So that was you up on the jumps when I showed up? I heard and kind of saw a couple people, but didn't stop to chat. I got there a little early, so I took my bike around the side and warmed up on a pack I feel comfortable jumping. I had the black/silver hot wheels D2 helmet and the orange Kona Cowan. Got there about 3:20pm.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by Jeremy R
Sweet. I want a jump bike so bad.:(
Sweet Pictures Acadian the brave. Stoney really has a Motowhip going on there. I want to learn some of those

It was funny to see Jeremy hitting our Pseudo-Rythem sections on his DHR and still cleaning em!