Quantcast

LiveSTRONG

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
This is a fundraiser that Lance Armstrong is putting together. His goal is 5 million dollars, each bracelet is $1. Find out more here

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
It really is a worthwhile cause. I bought ten. And, as a cancer survivor, i'll wear mine proudly! :)

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
I saw a comercial for it... sounds good.

Edit: When I clicked on the Get it here, I got this: We are temporarily closed for site updates and maintenance.
Please check back in 30 minutes.

moeman

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
St. Louis
Hi,
i just found out about this two days ago and i went looking for one and i went to two malls searching before i gave up, everyone had sold out FAST!!!
when i got home i did a search, found the site and purchased a 10 pack to give to friends/family.

well enough rambling...
just wanted to give it a bump....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
being that we're on a 4500mi ride to raise money for the American Cancer Society (as of now, we're donating at least $100,000), i thought it'd be a good idea to buy one. about half of us (11) have them.

while on the topic, i went to a shop in Eureka, CA the other day, Henderson Center Bicycles, and was talking to a man who worked there who told me that his daughter was 6 weeks away from dieing from cancer. doing this ride didn't really hit me till he told me that.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
DHRacer said:
It really is a worthwhile cause. I bought ten. And, as a cancer survivor, i'll wear mine proudly! :)
Dood! I didn't know you're a survivor! I just bought ten myself! I work with 2 women that survived cancer.

How's things?

J

JRB

A dude told us Saturday that he gave his up for his "first wake up next to someone and couldn't remember her name" chick since his divorce. Funny story.

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
if anyone has an extra, or a few, that they want to sell...? i've been trying to get some for my father, but all the shops in dc are sold out. and i don't feel like waiting for backorder...

email me at stevebeam@gmail.com - we could do paypal or something?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
fasterTHANyou said:
if anyone has an extra, or a few, that they want to sell...? i've been trying to get some for my father, but all the shops in dc are sold out. and i don't feel like waiting for backorder...

email me at stevebeam@gmail.com - we could do paypal or something?
PM me a mailing address and you can have one free. I'll toss it in the mail tonight when I go to the post office.

I bought a 10-pack and have been giving a few out here and there.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
chicodude said:
ive bought ten, and there some lady in sacromento that has sold so many so got one of lances yellow jerseys:thumb:

Whoa, my spelling and grammar has improved a TON over a year.

Bitchin' :blah:

*I took mine off a while ago, because it became a fashion statement, instead of a way of supporting cancer victims.*

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
chicodude said:
Whoa, my spelling and grammar has improved a TON over a year.

...wecause...
:nuts:

the Inbred said:
being that we're on a 4500mi ride to raise money for the American Cancer Society (as of now, we're donating at least $100,000), i thought it'd be a good idea to buy one. about half of us (11) have them.

while on the topic, i went to a shop in Eureka, CA the other day, Henderson Center Bicycles, and was talking to a man who worked there who told me that his daughter was 6 weeks away from dieing from cancer. doing this ride didn't really hit me till he told me that.
still have mine on.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i am. my grand-parents-in-law are the slowest people to pick up on trends. they bought tn and both bands about 3 months ago. been wearing it ever since.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Wore it until it became trendy and then took it off..... kind of like the goatee. :devil:

I still support cancer research, but I don't care if other people know it or not.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I still wear mine, though not every day. I think it's odd that now they seem to have bracelets to support every cause, not that I'm against this support, but it seems like some people pile a bunch on their wrists just becuase they're cool colors and not for what they stand for.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
donate money, recieve bracelet, bracelet remains unworn. Honestly I'd sport it if it didnt become such a fad...I support the research and of course cycling.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I wore mine for a long time... then when they got so popular I quit wearing it (still donating to the foundation though). I've recently started wearing it again. Yesterday my daughter (3 years old) found hers and was wearing it around the house... for the first time since we got them, I had mine on, my wife had hers on, and my daughter had hers on.

Now I gotta get one for my son... I wonder if they make infant sized ones...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
mine finally broke. 1yr, 4mos. i would like to get another one...so if anybody has an extra one laying around....

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
mine finally broke. 1yr, 4mos. i would like to get another one...so if anybody has an extra one laying around....
I have one. I will gang up next weekend with your beers and a bracelet. I bought some at Foley's a while back. Mine has been rolling since the Tour last year. Never had it off.