Quantcast

Local Avalanche service?

mazzino

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Seattle, WA
Can anyone recommend a good moto shop in the Seattle area that can service an Avalanche shock? I just need a nitrogen charge. Craig @ Avy and others have mentioned that "any moto shop" can do it, but so far I called RMC, Suzuki Aurora, and Seattle Cycle Center with no luck. Chances are I need to find a shop that concentrates on servicing suspension. If they can do it on-the-spot all the better. Any recommendations appreciated...

Thanks...Dave

mazzino

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I'd have to guess between Fluid Ride, Go Huck Yourself and Downhill Zone that one of those shops can get it done.
Thanks. Forgot to mention I also called DHZ. They are an authorized Avy dealer but they just send them in to Avalanche for service. I'll try GHY and FluidRide.

mazzino

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Seattle, WA
bikerpunk98199 said:
did you try the big moto store down in renton?
That's RMC. I do know of a suspension place in Woodinville and a dealer recommended one in Enumclaw, but I was hoping to find something closer and open on weekends. I thought it was something a moto dealer could do, but apparently not.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Don't waste your time with bicycle shops. They are not setup for Avy servicing. Remember, an Avy is not a bicycle shock. It is an MC shock sized down to work on a bike.

Craig recommends DeVol in Enumclaw. Keep in mind, the good tuning shops aren't tending shop on the w/e's. They are too busy going to the races.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
mazzino said:
...Suzuki Aurora, and Seattle Cycle Center with no luck.
Sorry, just reread your post. Realized that you just need a shot nitrogen.

Last year I walked into Aurora Suz. and they did it on the spot. Ten bucks for the recharge. Just be sure to know the PSI charge before you get there.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Craig will tell you straight up that you can fill it with air via a shock pump. Its separated by the bladder so it can't mix with the oil. It may not resist temp change as well as nitro, but it will keep you running for longer. Fixed at 200 psi.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Most moto shops will fill nitro for you but only if they service suspension in house, which is becoming more and more rare. As Joelsman mentioned, MPS (www.moto-pro.com) can probably do it for you. Give John a call if you can't find anywhere else.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Zoso said:
Craig will tell you straight up that you can fill it with air via a shock pump. Its separated by the bladder so it can't mix with the oil. It may not resist temp change as well as nitro, but it will keep you running for longer. Fixed at 200 psi.
Not to doubt you, but a buddy of mine had a certain LBS (who shall remain nameless) do the shock pump and air thing. When he told me about it, I told him to call Craig, as I thought that that was kind of odd. My understanding was nitrogen only. Craig echoed my thinking. Nitro only.

Also, the PSI depends on your bike. Again, Craig can tell you.