Quantcast

loki

musicman

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
any of u guys ride one? right now i got a voodo shango but it is way to long, and the chain stays are pretty long on it to, i was looking at the loki. but have not heard much about it , thanks

cj

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Cash-Money said:
how does the loki ride with a 120mm fork? it says for 80-100 only, is it way chopped out?
if u want to use a 120mm fork why dont u get a titan... its like a urban bike too

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
Cash-Money said:
so if i was running a 24" rear and a pike (95-140) i should go titan over a loki?
i would go with the titan since its rated for the 4-6 inch forks. i am going to run a pike on my loki but if you put a 24 and if you run the pike taller i think that it would throw the geometry off. i have a pike in my titan and it makes a super sweet all around bike.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
musicman said:
any of u guys ride one? right now i got a voodo shango but it is way to long, and the chain stays are pretty long on it to, i was looking at the loki. but have not heard much about it , thanks

cj
once you decide, why don't you look into their sponsorship program?

ZEDMAN said:
i would go with the titan since its rated for the 4-6 inch forks. i am going to run a pike on my loki but if you put a 24 and if you run the pike taller i think that it would throw the geometry off. i have a pike in my titan and it makes a super sweet all around bike.

Agreed... Titan if your gonna run a 5 inch fork....

I set a lot of sag on my DJ, and it's modified with HSCV carts from a z1... so I prolly only have 4 inches of travel... I am reducing the travel to 100 overall anyway on that fork, not because it feels raked out, but because I race on it, etc....

anyway, it doesn't feel too raked too me, but an actual 5 inch fork, I could see that slowing down your steering, making it kinda clunky....

I run dual 24's, as well... fyi.

I have a Titan, as well... last years model, love it, I got the LOKI for the slightly shorter chain stays, top tube, and mildly higher BB...
had a great DJ session today... feels awesome. Racing manana.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Hell yea, I prefer a little more travel. I was thinking about buying that fork but I dont want to pay taht money. I was going to try and get that Camo one from the Specialized P.3 but I couldnt get it through my shop becuase it is only for the Specialized.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Horizontal Drops would have been nice but I use a Rennen tensioner and it works perfectly. But they have a Steel frame coming out with horizontal and DJ/street geo it should be real nice, it will probably be my next frame.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
i haven't got to ride it yet, but with my experiance with the sherman line it will hold up and need some maintence annually. Mine is setup with x-firm ride kit and TPC. The fork goes through it travel very easy for the first 70mm then it feels like it just about bottoms out so the last 40mm is extremely stiff. FYI I weight 220lbs

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
ufdff15 said:
Horizontal Drops would have been nice but I use a Rennen tensioner and it works perfectly. But they have a Steel frame coming out with horizontal and DJ/street geo it should be real nice, it will probably be my next frame.
I heard they are coming out with a whole bunch of new frames. FS ones too. I really am anxious to see whats new.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
thats stupid i just checked it and they changed it from the 21-3rd cause of phots or something why am i not surprised seems like everthing comes out later then expected