Quantcast

Long-time lurker, first time signer-upper

ZeroCool

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Cam-Town, Holmes!
Hey guys-
Been hanging around here for waaay too long now, so I figured I'd better sign up since I have stuff to say, eh?
I live in Ventura county, ride mostly XC, wish I could afford a dh bike! love to ride out in Sycamore, Ojai, and Santa Barabara, if I feel like driving.
been riding for about 3-4 years now I suppose, long enough to mostly know what I'm doing when I'm out there! :)
So hi, I guess I feel like I know most of you already from my lurking, so this is me!

0cool

ZeroCool

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Cam-Town, Holmes!
Crash_Tested said:
not the same zerocool that splattered his way all over mojo - eh?
I couldn't follow the link, had to sign in, but no, it's not me. I only really hang out here, and sometimes on MTBR, but mostly here, the people seem friendlier...:)

0cool

P.S. I got my name from that super cheezy movie Hackers, way back when. That movie ruled!

ZeroCool

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Cam-Town, Holmes!
derekbob said:
Yo! Im from Ventura, but Im a northern cali transplant. Welcome to the monkey.
Right on! Yeah, it's not too bad down here, Sycamore has some sweeeeeet places to ride, and you usually don't see too many other folks out there riding.

0cool

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
I didnt do too much riding down there, I was more into skateboarding. I started riding at arroyo verde park, not much there, but enuff to capture my interest. The best So. Cal ride Ive done was the chorro grande trail (starts at pine mtn summit, ends at 33), if thats still legal Id highly recommend it. Its cool because you go thru 3 pretty distinct climates, not to mention its a seriously fun trail. Theres so much epic riding up here its insane.

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
cool your reply definatly tells me that there is no way that you could be him. I think he eventually got chased away.

Welcome to the board

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ZeroCool said:
So hi, I guess I feel like I know most of you already from my lurking, so this is me!

0cool
That's what you think, i'm the fourth owner of this account. The first Skookum retired and is doing social work in Skokie Illinios. In fact i'm getting pretty bored myself anyone wanna buy an account?

Welcome aboard Z.

ZeroCool

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Cam-Town, Holmes!
Skookum said:
That's what you think, i'm the fourth owner of this account. The first Skookum retired and is doing social work in Skokie Illinios. In fact i'm getting pretty bored myself anyone wanna buy an account?

Welcome aboard Z.
Holy ****! 6,000 posts! Holy carp!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ZeroCool said:
Holy ****! 6,000 posts! Holy carp!!
yah i keep thinking that one of these days i'll hit the magic post number and golden ridemonkey coins will spit out my cd drive.....

And i don't believe carp are that heavenly either, but i could be wrong. ;)

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Skookum said:
yah i keep thinking that one of these days i'll hit the magic post number and golden ridemonkey coins will spit out my cd drive.....

And i don't believe carp are that heavenly either, but i could be wrong. ;)

After we catch carp we like to throw them on shore and beat them relentlessly with a bat. Then we either throw them in the fire or let the scavengers eat the remains. They are junk fish around here.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Crash_Tested said:
cool your reply definatly tells me that there is no way that you could be him. I think he eventually got chased away.

Welcome to the board
Okay, first off, whassup dude, welcome to the :monkey:

and second... hey crash WTF is up with the game plops? How the hell do you get a high score on it?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
RideND said:
After we catch carp we like to throw them on shore and beat them relentlessly with a bat. Then we either throw them in the fire or let the scavengers eat the remains. They are junk fish around here.
Go figure. In England, they're a sport fish. They go after them with fly rods...... <shrug>

-S.S.-

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Skookum said:

Welcome aboard Z.
Ha! "The dread pirate Skookum." I like it.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
LordOpie said:
was his show the first to ever do that? Cuz every show has callers that say it.
I have always associated that phrase with that saying....must be the first show I heard it on. Over and over and over again.

I don't hear it much on other shows...when I did I thought it was a mimic.

Wierd go figure.

I am not the historian for that show so I don't know. :D

ZeroCool

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Cam-Town, Holmes!
stosh said:
Hi I'm new here too! Place seems alright though, maybe I'll stay.
Suuure you are, while I'd love to make a joke here, I've seen some "spirited" discussions over newbie postings, so I'll err on the side of safety methinks.
Oh, and Rhino, yeah, it's a kind of joke "long time listener, first time caller" just always cracks me up. While I have listened to Likus, I'm really not a fan. He does say some decently ok stuff, but most of that is buried under yards of woman-hating BS. Not trying to start a flame-war, it's just my personal opinion. I do like his ability to cut just about anyone down to size, though it's pretty easy to do when you control the show, and most of your call-ins have really no idea how to make an argument.
Anyway, yeah, funny though. I do back the "Flash Fridays" thing, though I've yet to reap any benifits...:)

0cool