Quantcast

Longest and baggiest mountain bike short!

Tharkun

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Hey,

Looking for an extremely baggy and lengthy MTB short so my ass doesn't kill me on every ride over 20 km. Thinking about the new Oakley 2.6 Alloy, those look good, maybe not long enough however. Any suggestions (measurements would be fantastic) would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Cam

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Azonic Rythm shorts have been the best shorts I've owned. Baggy like ballin' shorts, and very durable. I have a big arse, so most shorts aren't baggy enough for me. These work extremely well, just wear a padded spandex underneath if you are riding for longer periods of time.

My Oakleys are a close second, but not nearly as burly for crashing. Sorry, I forgot the model name but they aren't the 2.4...very similar though. They have pads included, so it's a great option as well.

Tharkun

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Hey,

But the raceface don't have any extra padding as I understand it? And while I'm on that subject, what exactly is a chamois? I've heard that baggy shorts with chamois are just like an outer shell for lycra shorts. This is really unappealing, are there any options that just provide extra padding without the tight lycra?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
The chamios is just the padding attached to some light spandex. It isn't necessarily tighty tights, so no worries. You will appreciate it for those long rides believe you me, I'm the last guy you would catch wearing tights. Women on the other hand...well you get the idea lol.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
So you wanna be a balla,
Shot caller
20" blades on the Impalla

Then buy those RF shorts. Otherwise check out Azonic or Rockgardn, why would you want huge shorts anyways?

Tharkun

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Rockgardn shorts don't have a liner (right...?) and I'll check out Azonic right now.

Thanks,
Cam

Tharkun

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
How about the Fox Airtroopers? They look long with a light chamois, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for! Anyone own these shorts?

All suggestions greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Cam

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
It's rare to find a good baggy short, with a good chamios built in. Find a good lycra chamois, then buy a good durable baggy to go over top.